How far will you go for the love of your life (bike that is)

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I love bikes and building them up. Searching for the right piece to adorn them with is half the fun and the other is getting them dirty.

I'm not the biggest spender although I do hanker after some of the bike jewellery that is available.

Now see link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Onza-Porcupine-Wh ... dZViewItem

Now when you have bid this much on a pair of tyres, are they ever going to see the light of day again?? Is this just shear madness or is it love??

Alison

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Lisense to print money dealing with these people from little bike niches. Wish I'd kept it all and flogged it to us lot.

that is maddness. unfortunate for us lot, as people start to learn what retro junkies are willing to pay for stuff, prices go up..

one of our regs. came into our shop last week with an 89' univega with full xt, all original, done about 100miles. the moment i expressed intrest, he thought it was worth a small fortune! i did say, its only worth what someones willing to pay for it... but onza porkys cannot be worth £120! :shock:

id rather have the new black reicanashions lovin'ly called "pork 2's" for £12.99 that were on the bay white porks arn't that great no mater what anyone says they where nice but not as special as people are making out not £120 special lets keep it real and sencibal or we are all gonna get ripped of by people who have things we wont that they class as junk :cool: :cool: :cool:

:shock: MADNESS. I can't stand those tyres. He couldn't have payed me to have them.
Plus would you ever use them?? Still i'm sure some people think i've payed to much for some retro 'gem'. But they will last longer than a set of tyres, if you use them.

classic supply & demand as ever. if you want anything in life badly enough you'll pay up. I'm sure all of us have paid over the odds for stuff at some point in time :cool:

scant":w4a8hcmh said:
classic supply & demand as ever. if you want anything in life badly enough you'll pay up. I'm sure all of us have paid over the odds for stuff at some point in time :cool:

Not white porcs though eh Mike ;)

But I still have a bald black kevlar beaded one, a butterscotch Psycho and a pair of white Psychos (waiting for a dry spell).

seen a pair of those go for way more than that.

basically, get two people that want something bad enough and bidding will go through the roof.remember a certain CB stem?how bout that BOI fork a while back...

there are a few things on my list that i refuse to pay too much for, thats why i have lost out the last few times those things have popped up.

on the other hand there are a few things on my list i will HAPPILY go broke for.

your mileage may vary :D

Back