'Strange' components USA

Yes, I remember. Masters of the CNC milling machine. Still alive and doing well but now concentrating on what they always did best- axles for hot rods and drag cars. Their halfshafts are the best I the business

Chris Strange out of Hamilton Ontario (next town over to me). He started selling his parts out of Freewheel Cycle in Dundas back in 94. I had one of his Crosstop style brakes on the rear of my Rocky Mountain Edge. Worked well, but was a PITA to set up. His reverse action (push housing) brake levers were funky.

brake.jpg

Bad old pic (I milled the booster out of 7075 freehand on a Bridgeport).

Thank's for the info chaps.

If anyone's got any pic's of the levers I'd love to see 'em again.

Nice work on that booster FMJ :cool:

Found some stuff on the net.

First gen.

strange.jpg

Second gen.

strange3.jpg

strange2.jpg

Mine were 1.1. Used a piece of brake cable as the crosslink instead of a spoke like the 1.0 1st gen.

Found a set of levers that work on the same "push housing" principle as Strane's, but pics of his are rather elusive.

bbc-brake-levers.jpg

Cheers for the pic's, it looks nicely engineered stuff.

The reverse action 'push housing' system is interesting ..wonder if it offered any advantages...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Pics for ferrus......or posterity, whichever comes first. :LOL:

One thing about the levers is because of the inherent design, the cables run parallel to the bars about a half an inch away. Tucked in nice and tidy, and less prone to snagging on branches/feet/helmet peaks/etc.

D18F46AF-2AA4-4E4F-B963-EEEEE451DC3D-2224-000000EC43DAFAF2_zps6b041ace.jpg

16EDA341-82E0-40A6-A44F-69F9C9EFB6F8-2224-000000EC362CF29D_zps5f317e47.jpg

5B00448F-D56C-41BF-B7FD-D9A887564F72-2224-000000EC14CC777D_zpscaca9b3d.jpg

Back