Scott Shocks

digitalkreation

Retro Guru
Hey all,

Remember the Scott suspension forks of 1992/1993 or so? The old day-glo paint and the really old-school spring and friction-damping?

Anyone have some nice pics of these in action? :)

Scott Unishocks.

Here are a few for starters...........

pict0119_1024x768_125.jpg

DBAxisFork.JPG

1991_unishocks-full.jpg

2649796075_d322928a2f_b.jpg

Scott Unishock's were cool as, back in 1991, and I wanted a set more that Manitou's or RS's..... And I can't say I remember (tho we are talking 19 years ago now) any really bad reports on them either. I recall a corrosion problem, but in terms of the way they function, I seem to remember it was all gooooood :cool:

And going by Jon's pics, they still look bloody good now, too..

You mean Unishocks?
They were available from 91 -94
91 (inside spring w/o damping, haracteristic U-shape booster)
unishock2.jpg

92 same construction, other shape of booster, alu bolts
unishock3.jpg

93 available 3 versions:
S - same fork as in 92, grey painting (I saw also in dk blue and dk green - not showed in catalogue)
VR - same body as S version, elastomer inside
LF - elastomer with carbon lower legs
unishock6.jpg

94 - forks (in fact only VR version)was mounted only in bikes, not in sale as parts

Photos in action... hmm, scans only
unishock5.jpg

unishocknaWC.jpg

In 92 was also available another Scott fork -Xtrashock It was mounted in only in model Xtralite Had probably air spring and oil damping Never seen it in real...

I remember the Xtrack shock… quite the same than the really first marzocchi ;)

I never saw one up close, just remembered back when shocks started showing up on bikes, that they were about the simplest design ever, with an internal spring and damping by way of friction between the stanchions and sliders. Of course, if that was the actual method, you'd have corrosion in no time, as it wouldn't take long for bare metal to show and oxidize/rust, etc..

Still, I always kind of liked them, and I consider them the ultimate old-school suspension fork.

24pouces":3jzmnjbd said:

that one?
scottfork.jpg

but remember - early Marzocchi's had bolts in front part of crown, I'd say it's possible it was made by Showa.... But of course I'm not sure

skolioza":2cootbiw said:
24pouces":2cootbiw said:

that one?
scottfork.jpg

but remember - early Marzocchi's had bolts in front part of crown, I'd say it's possible it was made by Showa.... But of course I'm not sure

Not showa but marzocchi… Marzocchi had created the starfork in 1990 with a particular design of the low part of legs. You find the same design on the 91 hydropneumatic fork. Showa has made its first fork for Trek in 1992 (DDS1 and DDS2)

Look this scott in september 1991, designed for 92 : the rear shock is a marzocchi ;)

Back