Let's see some Bontys

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
The new Bonty has arrived and is stashed under some muddy tents in the garage. Think it will need a respray. Need to see some pictures of Bontys in various different colours. Black is the fave at the minute but is a bit dull really. Convince me otherwise ;-)

Which one did you get?
Here's mine, formerly Gil_Ms

242455167_e6375b340c.jpg

Always like the idea of the rasta colours

Bonty Bounty

Did you see the one at MM? Racing it was, racing I tell thee! Red with white bands - must of finished a few minutes after your mudboating lap....

Neil

PS. Which begets another idea - do you remember when Brant Richards and cohorts used to ride around the back of the Sport class at NEMBA races giving out stickers to those who, in their critical eyes (?) 'embodied the spirit of mountain biking' (ie. you were shit and were never going to trouble the podium)??? Well, we could do the same - handing out special stickers to riders with suitable steeds...

PPS. Needless to say, I got a sticker slapped onto my helmet as Brant wheelied by.... :-(

Here are mine......a blue Race sans stickers.....

DSC00393.jpg

and a black Privateer.....

Bontrager.jpg

Stu

Under construction, silver with black.
NOS chrome forks.
One piece stem bar, black.
Yes I know the top sticker is backwards but it was done by the paint shop and then clearcoated so..

Attachments

• Bonty1.jpg
    Bonty1.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 2,654
P20":bmxsixh0 said:
Which one did you get?
Here's mine, formerly Gil_Ms

Always like the idea of the rasta colours

The red Bonty looks good. Currently have an early to mid 90s race lite with the two piece stays. Bought it to replace my bonty Race which was a bit on the big side...

main.php

Have all the components from this build, the obvious choice would be black powdercoat with silver and white decals as before......but I feel like branching out a little. White with white forks to match?? Too much??

Re: Bonty Bounty

mrkawasaki":1ekfjhxf said:
Did you see the one at MM? Racing it was, racing I tell thee! Red with white bands - must of finished a few minutes after your mudboating lap....

Neil

PS. Which begets another idea - do you remember when Brant Richards and cohorts used to ride around the back of the Sport class at NEMBA races giving out stickers to those who, in their critical eyes (?) 'embodied the spirit of mountain biking' (ie. you were shit and were never going to trouble the podium)??? Well, we could do the same - handing out special stickers to riders with suitable steeds...

PPS. Needless to say, I got a sticker slapped onto my helmet as Brant wheelied by.... :-(

Missed the Bonty. Did see a chap on a rather nice looking Pace buried deep in Joolze Dymonds BCF pages from MM though....

like the sticker idea although I think people would prefer to have them given rather than slapped on :LOL:

Lid":396g3anw said:
NOS chrome forks.
Yes I know the top sticker is backwards but it was done by the paint shop and then clearcoated so..
that frame is suspension corrected (you know how bad i want that fork) :shock:

hollister":33e0qz08 said:
Lid":33e0qz08 said:
NOS chrome forks.
that frame is suspension corrected (you know how bad i want that fork) :shock:

How can you tell if the frame is suspension corrected? Any give aways? Or do you just want the fork so badly you're prepared to go the extra yard ;)

Back