Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:38 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:46 pm 
Deputy National AEC
Deputy National AEC
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 5169
Location: Cumbria, England.
brocklanders023 wrote:
sinnett177 wrote:
brocklanders023 wrote:
Ever seen one of the full suss bikes Mark?

Afraid not Ed, but according to those lucky enough to ride one they were absolute pants.



I wonder if any of them survived? Are you keeping an eye out for one Mark or don't they interest you?

I'd definitely be interested if one came up, purely for novelty reasons really. The later cro-mega S-900 might ride ok, the design is very similar to the Boulder one. The shock was a fox shock also.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:52 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:39 pm
Posts: 3
Location: UK
Hi all! I have just got back into riding after a 20 year absence and got myself a new bike. So what does this have to do with this thread I hear you say?! Well I still have my old bike from way back when and it is an MS Racing Pro Comp XT. Sadly this has been sat at the back of the garage for a while and needs some love and attention to bring it back to it's former glory. It has a replacement seat and handle bars but the rest is pretty much original I think. I'm not looking for any money for this, just a good home. I'm based in Wiltshire in the UK and would be interested in hearing from anyone who thinks they could rescue her.

Thanks all,

Jeff


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:16 pm 
Deputy National AEC
Deputy National AEC
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 5169
Location: Cumbria, England.
a526166 wrote:
Hi all! I have just got back into riding after a 20 year absence and got myself a new bike. So what does this have to do with this thread I hear you say?! Well I still have my old bike from way back when and it is an MS Racing Pro Comp XT. Sadly this has been sat at the back of the garage for a while and needs some love and attention to bring it back to it's former glory. It has a replacement seat and handle bars but the rest is pretty much original I think. I'm not looking for any money for this, just a good home. I'm based in Wiltshire in the UK and would be interested in hearing from anyone who thinks they could rescue her.

Thanks all,

Jeff

Welocme to the forum Jeff, thats an amazing gesture with your MSR. I'm sure a lucky RB'er will be in contact with you to take you up on your incredible offer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:52 am 
Newbie

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:39 pm
Posts: 3
Location: UK
Hi Mark and thanks for the welcome. I would be happy to see the bike go to someone who has the time and skills to bring it back to life. It has not been riden for 15+ years so I would imagine it would take some money to get it usable again which is why I am more than happy to dontate it to the RB cause!

Cheers, Jeff


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:44 pm 
Deputy National AEC
Deputy National AEC
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 5169
Location: Cumbria, England.
a526166 wrote:
Hi Mark and thanks for the welcome. I would be happy to see the bike go to someone who has the time and skills to bring it back to life. It has not been riden for 15+ years so I would imagine it would take some money to get it usable again which is why I am more than happy to dontate it to the RB cause!

Cheers, Jeff

Jeff,

Have you had any interest? If not how would you feel about me fixing it up and using it as a prize for our National Ride Series?

Cheers Mark


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:49 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:39 pm
Posts: 3
Location: UK
Hi Mark,

That sounds like a great idea but I have had a couple of PMs from interested RBers. I will be posting some pics over the weekend/early next week so everyone can guage the condition of the bike. If those that have expressed an interest think it is too much work then I will happily donate it as a prize.

Cheers,

Jeff


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:52 pm 
Deputy National AEC
Deputy National AEC
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 5169
Location: Cumbria, England.
Thanks for that Jeff, i'm sure it will find a happy home and if not please get in touch.

Cheers Mark


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:22 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 1:13 pm
Posts: 6
Location: USA
Very cool website. I have a 89 malcolm smith frame, never put together. I joined the site to post pics, but i need 5 post 1st :x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:27 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 11796
Location: Returning
tell us about your ms frame fella
do it in 4 posts tho

welcome btw


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:46 pm 
Deputy National AEC
Deputy National AEC
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 5169
Location: Cumbria, England.
crfoot wrote:
Very cool website. I have a 89 malcolm smith frame, never put together. I joined the site to post pics, but i need 5 post 1st :x

Welcome to the forum, now get some posting done so we can enjoy some pictures.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BigSud and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group