I'm not the only one ?

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
But Mtb's just don't look right with road tyres on. They ride great with them. But put two bikes side by side. One with road and the other off road (even skinny 1.5's that i ride) And the bike look's just right with knobbly tyres on.
Views welcome. :D

Thats an eternal dilema for me. I know deep down that I should run road tyres for 80% of the riding I get to do...... but it just doesn't look right! An MTB need big chunky tyres for me otherwise it looks all wrong and it makes me sad so I cant bring myself to do it :LOL:

i did it. took the rood tires off and put new 1.5 knobs on. Will put the road on in the winter

Function over form every time.

Of course i'm happiest when the two coincide, but i'm not vain enough sacrifice performance for looks.

Can you not have a set of wheels with road tyres and a set with nobbles on and change at need?? I'm thinking of getting an extra set for those nobbly rides :D

Alison

i did but got fed up with keep on changing. plus i broke skewers. and the ware on the drop outs was :shock:

i'm with the OP...road tires are for road bikes! my mtb's wear knobbies because i only ride 'em in the dirt!

Back