orange e6

e6

Retro Newbie
hi all. just found this site as im back in to mtb's after a few years off due to a bad knee injury. anyhow, ive got my hands on an orange e6. can anyone tell me any thing about this bike? ill post up a pic soonish. cheers for any help.

bike.jpg

That's actually an E-six, not an E6! In fact, a 2001 E-six. The previous model was called the E4, the subsequent model was called the E8, but that is an E-six, don't ask me why.

It's made of Easton Elite, and it was made in 2001 and 2002. It's similar to the E4 (1998-2000), except that it has disc tabs. The catalogue says it was sold with a Manitou Mars, but I can't quite see if that's what you've got there.

Unfortunately, the Orange catalogues in the Retrobike archive only go up to 2000 (this is Retrobike after all). There is a copy of the 2001 catalogue on the Orange website if you're interested, but I seem to recall it isn't easy to find. Failing that, I could send you a copy if you want. PM me your email.

The E models were Orange's top of the range XC race bikes BITD, made in small numbers, I think 200 per annum at that point, including frame-only sales (the frame used to cost £550).

If you do a search for 'citrus fruit', you will find a good thread and I suggest you add your bike to it. I'm not quite sure, but it might be the first E-six in there if you did.

thanks for the reply ant, ill have a look for that post in a minute.
ill send you a pm shortly!

Younger brother of the Elite so :cool: .

Fancied an E8 when I got my Evo 4 back in 2005. Lovely light frames with retro links. :D

Mr Orange E six 2002

Anyone know where I can get more info on the e-six or a .pdf of the 2002 catalogue?

its a 2001 frame 2002 had a different sticker kit, just been comparing the two in the cats. if you want a full spec list just let me know :)

Definately want the full spec! So I have a 2001 model according to the sticker set logger? Anyone have that catalogue .pdf then?

Orangee-sixtopbardowntubePre-Re-spray.jpg

According to Anthony's post mine would seem to be a 2002? I'm confused now. I did by it end of year November 2002 :idea:

Latest posts

Back