We need a time line

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I think we need a once and for all definative timeline with pics.

Like a retrobike family tree that definatively shows every year. every model, with a rough groupset description and a pic of all colours available.

So we could see what colour an '88 Bear Valley was (black btw) or whether a '90 Cinder cone came with black or silver rims.

Biiiiiig undertaking, but an idea?

:?:

http://www.firstflightbikes.com/vintage.htm

A bigger version of this? That would be good. we should be able to build a decent photo library between us.

I wouldn't mind also seeing a year breakdown on components - especially aftermarket trick stuff like: use, kooka, xlite etc, in the early days not much of this came fitted as standard.

Am I allowed to use the phrase "trick stuff" at the age of 39?:)

yeah all obviously inspired by FF, but our own actual retro family tree. Something to grow and expand. But with attention to detail and most importantly pictures.

Great idea, how about

A retrobike cross between Wikipedia and First Flight so it can be changed and altered like wikipedia and all can share their knowledge.

It would be good if the readers bikes could be linked into sections(Bonty,Fat,Klein,etc) in A-Z list format.
However i think it'll take a lot of work and i don't know anything about web pages so can't offer any help :oops:

How about a big mash of lines that link all the parts on people's bikes that have ended up on others' where we've bought and sold on here ... all lines would lead from Jez, I guess!

Yes, very good idea.

But also consider added transparancy will hurt our own interest in some instances.

Most things can be discovered, but only by spending extra effort on it. Hence people willing to spend the extra effort happen to get the nicest stuff at the best value generally.

I think initiatives like putting oldschool in the spotlights with people who are not really dedicated or creating transparancy will work against us too.

Just a thought.

Back