Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:53 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:06 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 2500
Location: West Sussex
Help this is driving me mad.

Does anyone have a pic of a GT Zaskar (think it was called an LE Team) from around 1999-2000 can't find one on net anywhere. It was in team colours (blue, white, black). I have the Outpost in same colour (as was Tempest) but the Zaskar was reversed (ie blue at the back white at the front).

There was a pic in the 1999 or 2000 catalogue but no-one seems to have a copy of either.

I have pic of just about every other Zaskar but this was my fave.

MJ


Last edited by MADJEZ on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:21 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 7889
Location: Mid Suffolk
http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=zaskar%202000&rlz=1I7GGLL_en-GB&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1152&bih=771


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:56 pm 
Lincs AEC
Lincs AEC

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:34 pm
Posts: 12314
Location: Branston, Lincoln
Zaskar Pro

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GT Zaskar pic wanted
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:12 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:33 am
Posts: 5487
Location: WI, USA
MADJEZ wrote:
Help this is driving me mad.

Does anyone have a pic of a GT Zaskar (think it was called an LE Team) from around 1999-2000 can't find one on net anywhere. It was in team colours (blue, white, black). I have the Outpost in same colour (as was Tempest) but the Zaskar was reversed (ie blue at the back white at the front).

There was a pic in the 1999 or 2000 catalogue but no-one seems to have a copy of either.

I have pic of just about every other Zaskar but this was my fave.

MJ


It would have been either a "Zaskar LE or a "Zaskar Team". There never was an "LE Team". Pic below of 99 Zaskar LE which was basically the same as 2000 due to it being during the Pacific transition.


Attachments:
GT 1999 Interbike 20.JPG
GT 1999 Interbike 20.JPG [ 86.42 KiB | Viewed 4951 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:17 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 2500
Location: West Sussex
Nice try but no cigar.

It was the team colour before the blue and yellow scheme above.
I remember there was a road bike, Zaskar and XCR all in same scheme
(might have been the US Olympic team colour.
I only saw about 2 in shops at the time (gorgeous !).

It was basically the Zaskar version of this paint job but with rear triangle and seat tube in blue, white at front and black forks.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:08 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:09 am
Posts: 4806
Location: Location: Location:
I had a 99 zaskar le team in that paint job but the whole frame was white without a blue back end.

There is a pic of it in my gallery.

Chris.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:25 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:33 am
Posts: 5487
Location: WI, USA
Chris wrote:
I had a 99 zaskar le team in that paint job but the whole frame was white without a blue back end.

There is a pic of it in my gallery.

Chris.


Was it original sold as a frame set?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:25 pm 
Lincs AEC
Lincs AEC

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:34 pm
Posts: 12314
Location: Branston, Lincoln
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:26 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:33 am
Posts: 5487
Location: WI, USA
MADJEZ wrote:
Nice try but no cigar.

It was the team colour before the blue and yellow scheme above.
I remember there was a road bike, Zaskar and XCR all in same scheme
(might have been the US Olympic team colour.


Actually the same model year....1999


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:01 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 2500
Location: West Sussex
Good try, sorry I'm not being very helpful.
I can see I will have to hunt my 1999/2000 catalogues
out of the loft as thats where I saw the original (I didn't imagine it honest !).

I know the white one above but I think it was just before that.
It was what the GT Team riders had and I think they were still handbuilt in US.

It was the reverse of this (which is same as my Outpost Trail 98/99 ish), which is why I remember it so well.
Image

PS found a 2001 by the way which doesn't seem to be on here, unless not retro enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: drcarlos and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group