GT Zaskar pic wanted / FOUND 26/9/13 !!

MADJEZ

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Help this is driving me mad.

Does anyone have a pic of a GT Zaskar (think it was called an LE Team) from around 1999-2000 can't find one on net anywhere. It was in team colours (blue, white, black). I have the Outpost in same colour (as was Tempest) but the Zaskar was reversed (ie blue at the back white at the front).

There was a pic in the 1999 or 2000 catalogue but no-one seems to have a copy of either.

I have pic of just about every other Zaskar but this was my fave.

MJ

Zaskar Pro

zaskar_pro_205.jpg

Re: GT Zaskar pic wanted

MADJEZ":3fec1fbt said:
Help this is driving me mad.

Does anyone have a pic of a GT Zaskar (think it was called an LE Team) from around 1999-2000 can't find one on net anywhere. It was in team colours (blue, white, black). I have the Outpost in same colour (as was Tempest) but the Zaskar was reversed (ie blue at the back white at the front).

There was a pic in the 1999 or 2000 catalogue but no-one seems to have a copy of either.

I have pic of just about every other Zaskar but this was my fave.

MJ

It would have been either a "Zaskar LE or a "Zaskar Team". There never was an "LE Team". Pic below of 99 Zaskar LE which was basically the same as 2000 due to it being during the Pacific transition.

Attachments

• GT 1999 Interbike 20.JPG
    GT 1999 Interbike 20.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 5,448
Nice try but no cigar.

It was the team colour before the blue and yellow scheme above.
I remember there was a road bike, Zaskar and XCR all in same scheme
(might have been the US Olympic team colour.
I only saw about 2 in shops at the time (gorgeous !).

It was basically the Zaskar version of this paint job but with rear triangle and seat tube in blue, white at front and black forks.

Komplett_1237034827.jpg

I had a 99 zaskar le team in that paint job but the whole frame was white without a blue back end.

There is a pic of it in my gallery.

Chris.

MADJEZ":2wq1ixmj said:
Nice try but no cigar.

It was the team colour before the blue and yellow scheme above.
I remember there was a road bike, Zaskar and XCR all in same scheme
(might have been the US Olympic team colour.

Actually the same model year....1999

Good try, sorry I'm not being very helpful.
I can see I will have to hunt my 1999/2000 catalogues
out of the loft as thats where I saw the original (I didn't imagine it honest !).

I know the white one above but I think it was just before that.
It was what the GT Team riders had and I think they were still handbuilt in US.

It was the reverse of this (which is same as my Outpost Trail 98/99 ish), which is why I remember it so well.
24227120081115202639417773250-1.jpg

PS found a 2001 by the way which doesn't seem to be on here, unless not retro enough.

Back