Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:57 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:00 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

Crantinope wrote:
Even more "Old Tat", :oops:

If you wait till this afternoon, i'll get you a pic with it wearing it's orginal tyres & seatpost. :D Needs a bit of a clean though.

Image :wink:

"F**k".......THATS SWEET........THOSE TYRES LOOK GOOD TOO........LOVE THE BIKE AND THE TYRES, IVE BEEN NEEDING A SET FOR A CANNONDALE BUILE WE ARE DOING........IS THAT PAINT ORIGINAL OR REFINISHED..........WHICH EVER, THATS VERY CLEAN LOOKS AS GOOD AS THE DAY IT LEFT THE SHOP........AND I BET IT RUNS SWEET TOO....

Attachments:
bikes 761MADCOWS..LOL.jpg
bikes 761MADCOWS..LOL.jpg [ 131.91 KiB | Viewed 1229 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:15 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

Colinmac wrote:
Perhaps we could host it elsewhere (like vimeo.com?) and just post the link here....

Do you have a digital version of it? That would be the first step....

Worth doing anyway before VCR dieth !

Now, back to my newfound quest for a 1990 cinder cone... My one used to live in my lounge !

Decent placing that btw, i was a mid pack rider really just along for the buzz. I recall the circuit being quite long, and i was much faster on the downs that most mid pack riders were, but usually lost it all on the next climb :shock:

These are my fondest memories of cycling - a bunch of us chipped in for a vw camper so we could get further at the weekends to ride. Coupled with John's post a few weeks back about Leckhampton hill in Cheltenham, i do wonder why I ever stopped cycling for a while.

I was at Fort William during the week doing the downhill and red routes for fun, and man, do i love bikes more than ever...

ILL GET MY EARLY COPY OF THE MALVERNS VIDEO PUT ONTO DISC AND WE WILL SEE IF I CAN UPLOAD IT, AND PUT A LINK ON HERE.......IT WOULD BE AWESUM......TO READ PEOPLES COMMENTS AND THOUGHTS OF THE EARLY DAYS....ESPECIALLY THE MAD COWS AND BUNNY HOPPING......WASNT IT JEZ AVERY....THAT WAS THE STAR BUNNY HOPPER AT THE TIME......?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:18 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

[quote="maverick"]Oh hell, now i want an original TBG too....... :) damit![/quote

MAVERICK WE DONT CHANGE DO WE....COOL BIKES WILL ALWAYS BE ON OUR WISH LIST......THE TROUBLE WITH THIS SITE IS THERE ARE SO MANY HOT BIKES THAT BRING BACK FOND MEMORIES FOR US WE WANT THEM ALL........HOW MUCH MONEY ARE WE PUTTING ON THE EURO LOTTERY THIS WEEK.......LOL........., ROLE ON THE WEEKEND SO WE CAN RIDE SUM MORE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:22 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

sweety wrote:
Here's the pic's of my 91 cinder cone with the TBG sticker on the seat tube by the crank & the Kona sticker on the steerer tube

WELL ITS A TBG ALLRIGHT, MUST JUST BE ON THE CHANGE OVER YEAR......CAN YOU PUT SOME MORE PICS ON OF THE COMPLETE BIKE?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:32 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Can you turn the caps off please matey ;)

If you need a host for a video, I think I can do that.. as long as there's no copyright infringement.. in which case I'll do that but only let you know by pm ;)

Post subject: Re: Old dawes
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:51 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

maverick wrote:
Dude

I cant belive that you posted that picture, that looks like my old Dawes with the Chrome forks, what a machine! That was the first race held in Ernesettle Woods i think, i know we did the Saltram one earlier that year too.

Carl Strugeon too, that was always our nemesis!

I stripped the Star tonight ready to take it back to the painter to make it right. I also took out the other A/Star and took it for a little (single speed) street ride. Its so cool

IT WAS YOUR DAWES BIGMAN, WITH SUPER LONG CHAINSTAYS....AND STOP TEASING...IN A STRAIGHT LINE NO ONE COULD CATCH YOU...LOL....DIDNT YOU BEND THE ORIGINAL FORKS........LOL.....AND REPLACE THEM WITH CHROME ONES.....?.....CAN YOU REMEMBER WHAT EDGY WAS RIDING AT THAT TIME....? AND ERNESETTLE WAS THE FIRST RACE WE COMPETED IN, THEN SALTRAM THEN PENZANCE, THEN SALTRAM, BLANDFORD FORUM, MALVERNS ETC.......REMEMBER THE MUSIC TOO....PUMP UP THE JAM...LOL....DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO CARL STURGEON..... THE FITTEST SPORT/JUNIOR CATEGORY RIDER WE HAD EVER SEEN,HE WOULD FINISH 15 MINUTES AHEAD OF THE PACK, NOT HANG AROUND AT THE END AND GO STRAIGHT BACK TO HIS CAR, A ROADIE I THINK, OR HIS FITNESS LEVEL SAID ROADIE TO ME ANYWAY, AS A LOT OF THE ELITE RACERS WERE, REMEMBER THE TWO GUYS RACING FOR PEUGEOT AT THE TIME....GOD WHAT WERE THERE NAMES..??????..BOTH HAD COME FROM ROAD RACING TO MOUNTAIN BIKING, I THINK MTB RACING WAS THERE WINTER TRAINING LOL....THEY WOULD OBLITERATE THE ENTIRE FIELD EVERY RACE BY AS MUCH AS 20 MINUTES AND EITHER FINISH 1ST OR 2ND BETWEEN THEM, THERE WAS ALWAYS THE HEAVY RUMOUR THE PEUGOET MTBS THEY WERE RIDING WERE REALLY BUILT CUSTOM BY CHAS ROBERETS, AND RESPRAYED TO LOOK LIKE THE PEUGEOT TEAM COLOURS.....CAN ANYBODY SHED ANY LITE ON THIS.....???????????????????????????????????????????????????

ILL GET THEN APLINESTARS STICKERS TOO YOU AT SUM POINT THIS WEEK, ONCE ROY AND I HAVE FORGED SUM NEW ONES BIG MAN.....AND WAS THAT GROUND CONTROL TYRE I FOUND IN A PILE OF TYRES IN THE LOFT ANY GOOD TO YOU......TREADS REAL GOOD BIGMAN....I DID REMEMBER HAVING ONE SUMWHERE.......FOUND SUM REAL TREASURES UP THERE TOO, IT ALL COMES IN USEFULL.......LOL........IVE ATTACHED A PIC OF THE END OF THE RACE AT SALTRAM, IF U REMEMBER I CAME FIRST AND THAT TOSSER ROADIE FROM THE SHOP PLACED ME 3RD, HE NEVER LIKED THE FACT I BEAT HIM AT THE MALVERNS..MY PARENTS AND FRIENDS WERE UP IN ARMS OVER IT....WHAT A PLONKER HE WAS.....LOL..... THAT RACE WAS WHEN CADBURYS HAD JUST LAUNCHED THERE MILKSHAKE DRINK, AND WERE GIVING THEM AWAY FREE......I WAS THAT F**KED I DRANK A WHOLE TABLES WORTH.....GOOD TIMES.......IF I DID IT TODAY I WOULD PROBABLY NEED AN AMBULANCE WITH A LIFE SUPPOR MACHINE....LOL

Attachments:
CADBURYS MILKSHAKE ENERGY DRINK.....WAY BEFORE RED BULL....LOL.jpg
CADBURYS MILKSHAKE ENERGY DRINK.....WAY BEFORE RED BULL....LOL.jpg [ 47.07 KiB | Viewed 1205 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:31 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

IDB1 wrote:
Can you turn the caps off please matey ;)

If you need a host for a video, I think I can do that.. as long as there's no copyright infringement.. in which case I'll do that but only let you know by pm ;)

Sorry caps lock off, didnt realise, ive still got to get it from video to disc, im sure theres a fella that can do it locally, but if you could help if would be awesum.....thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:36 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

no prob bob . . .

well.. gimme a shout if necessary ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:56 pm 
Old School Hero

Interesting topic.
Id like to add some info to this and the early konas.Here is my Tbg cascade lava dome.Tbg first offering was the cascade fire mountain and lava dome in early 1988.Then later in the year they changed to kona.Here is the link.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ht=cascade

Now as for sloping top tube.The bike states designed by joe murray.
Now look at the pic,if that is not a sloping top tube ,what is?.looks just like the green explosif.

Attachments:
Picture1735.jpg
Picture1735.jpg [ 131.07 KiB | Viewed 1177 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:20 pm 
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader / Rider
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader / Rider

Splatter free for my head badge :D. I bought my original one in April 89 IIRC.

Restored to it's original guise with original Reaction tyres and naff Gold seatpost. (apart from the green hangers and new brake cables)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next