Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:07 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:49 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Wicked pics of the Dogs :D

I actually had a chat with Justin the other day and I was asking what happened to the DB...apparently it rusted through on the seattube :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:06 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

Neil G wrote:
Wicked pics of the Dogs :D

I actually had a chat with Justin the other day and I was asking what happened to the DB...apparently it rusted through on the seattube :(

gutted :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:22 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

I know that Fat is and who has it ;) but you'll have to search to find out :twisted:

And there is a PACE example to , but PACE are not still going strong. More just designing some frames, having them produced for them and marketing them. Nothing new, homemade not even any forks :( Not quite what they used to be :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:38 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

joe murray....interview, back in the day.............. :shock:

:shock: :D :) 8) :mrgreen:

Attachments:
2_158.jpg
2_158.jpg [ 128.3 KiB | Viewed 764 times ]
2_158.jpg
2_158.jpg [ 128.3 KiB | Viewed 764 times ]
4_156.jpg
4_156.jpg [ 187.77 KiB | Viewed 764 times ]
5_790.jpg
5_790.jpg [ 202.27 KiB | Viewed 764 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:55 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

FluffyChicken wrote:
I know that Fat is and who has it ;) but you'll have to search to find out :twisted:

And there is a PACE example to , but PACE are not still going strong. More just designing some frames, having them produced for them and marketing them. Nothing new, homemade not even any forks :( Not quite what they used to be :(

no disrespect intended here, they may not be actually manufacturing, or making there original square tubed aluminium frames anymore, and yes they also may have successfully negotiated the sale of there suspension business to d.t...swiss...which is a real shame in my book, but they are still in business....and still going strong, and sadly sumtimes simple economics of business dictates where manufacturing takes place simply to remain competitive in an ever increasing market place, especially when the market in recent years has seen such an increase in new brands hitting the uk shores.....!!!!(refer to my earlier post ref, lapierre, ghost, mondraker etc) lets face it, 20 years or so ago when they did there wild thing, mountain biking was in its infancy, and not dis-similar to a cottage industry, today its a international thriving cut throat business.........and i do wish them the best of british.......because they are still out there and they are still doing the wild thing.....regardless of where there products are now made......!!!!!!!

just want to say thanks to the pace guys for sending me those Rc35 elastomers this week, never thought id get a set, after the fiasco, i had trying to get a set, for an early set of answer manitou forks.....one phone call and days later they arrived......well done boys keep up the good work...... :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:03 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

I'm sorry but they (Pace) are still a shadow of their former selves whatever you say.
Just another generic brand now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:06 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

FluffyChicken wrote:
I'm sorry but they (Pace) are still a shadow of their former selves whatever you say.
Just another generic brand now.

lol....lol....lol.....lol....lol....lol....lol....lol.....lol....lol....lol....lol....lol....lol...,
i think generic is the wrong word needed for what you are trying to say......lol....., but hey what do i know........... :roll: would love to see sum pics of your own rides to be honest...., always interested in peoples own choices, of ride......?????????????????????????????????????????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:22 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Well they're not Trek (or some such Trek branded as something else cos they bought the name), so not generic in that way.
But they just churn out similar bikes to other people. The new steel one's are well nothing dissimilar to the other parts and if you chat to the ex-PACE people on here or those that have/had close ties with them you get the feelings of the company then and now.
No they sold out and stopped innovating. (for the good of the company I'm sure and too keep Adrian employed, there are plenty of too and fro threads on here)
A bit like Breeze, Joe sits in his room, designs a bike or two, goes gets them made has them tested and gets feedback alters and then flogs them. Pretty much said so himself a while back in a thread.
Still nice bikes.

My rides, they're slapped together bikes to get me to ride with what money I have. A search will bring 'em up. Nowt special but do their job.
One to ride, one to commute locally, one for the wife or for me to have a change of style on. Not modern, this is RetroBike after all and my old one still work fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:05 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

[quote="FluffyChicken"]Well they're not Trek (or some such Trek branded as something else cos they bought the name), so not generic in that way.
But they just churn out similar bikes to other people. The new steel one's are well nothing dissimilar to the other parts and if you chat to the ex-PACE people on here or those that have/had close ties with them you get the feelings of the company then and now.
No they sold out and stopped innovating. (for the good of the company I'm sure and too keep Adrian employed, there are plenty of too and fro threads on here)
A bit like Breeze, Joe sits in his room, designs a bike or two, goes gets them made has them tested and gets feedback alters and then flogs them. Pretty much said so himself a while back in a thread.
Still nice bikes.

i agree with the whole trek comment.... we are trek, lets buy sum names, lol.......hasnt the gary fisher brand, been reduced to the gary collection now........, all trek branded.....its all sadly big business now, as i have said. On the pace thing, i know im probably a little too patriotic sumtimes, and i, as much as anybody feel it is a crying shame myself to be honest, i just feel, glad, that the company hasnt disappeared altogether as sum firms do.

as for them being generic, for me the interpretation of generic, is, not having a brand name, or a product sold under a generic name....which it is neither, they have a stand alone name, and thus far arnt buying an off the peg frame that can be branded by multitudes of different companies names, i think there designs are there own...it may change if it doesnt work for them, who knows maybe in 18 months time, both, lower cost brand names like on-one, may share the same frame as as pace, but we are a way off yet i think ?

and what ever you ride, slapped together or not, you clearly are passionate about bikes and you love riding them....and you have more than one...............so lifes sweet. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:26 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Anyway as in my sig
Rocky Mountain Altitude 1991 - rider
Rocky Mountain Fusion 1992 - wifes, my alternate
Kona Explosif 1997 - commute, pub bike (if It ever gets fixed, probably end up riding it more though)

I see you found utahdogs RM Avalanche post :D

Every time I open this thread I keep reading more bits from the articles posted.. never going to get anything done.

:lol:

oh and you might like this very nice bike, Dr S does build them up well.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... pace+rc100

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next