RC300 help needed

Pace

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So I've got a Pace RC300 built up with Hope Mini F and R disc brakes. The rear brake cable is fed through the internal top tube routing. Which was fine at first. But now it rattles against the tube from the inside and makes an annoying racket over anything remotely bump like.

Anyone have a similar problem on their RC300? Or have any suggestions on how to solve?

Got a bit o rattle from mine too. nothing too irritating really. One thing I did was to get the hose as straight as I could before I threaded it through. You know how they come packaged @ :!:

dunno how tight the fit is, but you can buy heat-shrink insulation that is kinda rubbery. Sliding that over the hose and shrinking it with a hairdryer would give a nice coat to the hose that may damp the noise?

Comes in all sorts of colours too :cool:

Fit is pretty tight on the two entrance/exit holes but the cable is then not supported inside the square top tube and can bang around.

More than annoyance value I'm also worried about braided steel cable vs aluminium top tube. I'm probably being stupid but surely the effect of the bashing x millions would have some effect?

Pace":2u7vs3bb said:
Fit is pretty tight on the two entrance/exit holes but the cable is then not supported inside the square top tube and can bang around.

More than annoyance value I'm also worried about braided steel cable vs aluminium top tube. I'm probably being stupid but surely the effect of the bashing x millions would have some effect?

The aluminium is stronger than the steel, plus the actual physical force of the impact wouldn't be sufficient to damage either the hose or the top-tube.

Latest posts

Back