retrobar

ringlatron

Dirt Disciple
not some hoxton watering hole, but i'm after a few suggestions for a nice retro flat bar. all i can think of is the hyperlite/taperlite type thing but they are few and far between on the 'bay...

Pace RC sub 130?

Every evening I ride back from the station on one and hear it creak and remember the shopkeeper telling me in 1992 that it was designed for one season's racing and feel a: chuffed that i bucked the built in obsolecence, disposable culture...and b: scared that I am about to hit the deck as my ancient and none to strong thin walled alu bar is about to fail.

:)

I've got two NOS purple Hyperlites sitting about.

I bought them as they are the only old school bars I would trust. I have two from 1993 which are still in use... not been in constant use but they are back on a bike now and it's like riding with an old friend.

I've also got a blue Sub130 which is cut short. To remind myself what riding with short handlebars is like without having to cut short another bar.

Pace Sub130's, Xlite Titaniums and remember those Scott bars with the built in Bar Ends? Cant remember the names of them, but they had a few in the range with different length "bar end" sections.

x-lites were great especially the ones with bonded in end caps - not so great for cutting down though ;-) pace bars i remember had some snapping issues, i have bar snap fear so the heavier taperlite might be the safest option.

Wu-Tangled":3uu2void said:
Pace RC sub 130?

Every evening I ride back from the station on one and hear it creak and remember the shopkeeper telling me in 1992 that it was designed for one season's racing and feel a: chuffed that i bucked the built in obsolecence, disposable culture...and b: scared that I am about to hit the deck as my ancient and none to strong thin walled alu bar is about to fail.

:)

bin it now

Kneedowndean":2frg114q said:
Pace Sub130's, Xlite Titaniums and remember those Scott bars with the built in Bar Ends? Cant remember the names of them, but they had a few in the range with different length "bar end" sections.

AT2, AT3 and AT4. Higher the number, the more hand positions.

Titec Titanium or Syncros. Both with a shim. Looks very retro. My favorite: ibis titanium, but these are hard to find.

USE aluminium bars, with integral bolt on bar ends. Contact USE they may still have some NOS kicking around the warehouse. Available in narrow or super narrow.

Back