Lahar bikes :)

echihn

Dirt Disciple
Well being LAHAR is no more, I figured I'd post a nice article on it I stumbled on yesterday. Read it more than once, and drooled over the pics even more :)

http://www.nsmb.com/3463-readers-rides-16

I know it seems kinda like a waste to start a thread specifically for this, but I figure you guys mite like to go on there and save all the pics like I did, because like we all know, articles and webpages are far from permanent and pictures go down really frequently. Sooo that being said, I hope this lil article brings you as much enjoyment as it did to me yesterday. Maybe even make someone's work day a bit better (even though you guys are opp times almost in the UK. Well, not quite but opposite shifts if anything.

I think thats one of the ugliest bikes I've ever seen but no doubt innovative.

Its always sad when a young and innovative company goes under. We need the next generation of creativity so we dont all end up riding modern GT or Trek.

I've seen one or 2 of these in real life and they're not to bad. From what i have been told and read they ride amazingly well. Plus Cameron Cole won the rotorua series of the world series on one so they can't be too bad ;)

Innovative stuff - I'd love the chance to see one of these in the flesh (and to give it a razz around) but unfortunately that's never going to happen............

There is one (or was one) in Scotland owned by the guy Stephen who owns OutofControl Imports.....

Had a quick blast on it at the Edinburgh Street Race a few years ago...

Rumour was you could have cut a 1 (or 5) cm slot halfway across the frame and it would still have retained enough stiffness to race on

Dunno whether I believe that or not.....

So Aaron finally realised his business skills sucked way too much :shock:

Pretty common round here. The V8 version is much nicer though. The main tube is I-beam rather than round.

Believe the hype, I have seen them raced with huge damage having been inflicted on them, with no ill consequence.

Now the HT was a thing of beauty

Attachments

• Lahar HT.jpg
    Lahar HT.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 3,797
old thread resurrection... that's my bike in the article. still running strong; now going into it's 5th season. brilliant design, shame about aaron's dubious business practices - he had some great ideas, and pretty impressive carbon manipulation skills.

hoping zerode can make a go of their (very similar) design. it's the most promising gearbox bike i've seen from a commercial viability perspective. i'm a true believer in the gearbox concept.

Re:

Hello, I am aware that I am most likely not going to be seen as this thread is 7 years old but I have been doing research on lahar as my dad owns the third Lahar made. I would love to be able to meet the genius who designed the bikes as I have seen a few designs on the Internet. I am going to Auckland in just under a month

Latest posts

Back