Specialized Rockhopper South - the video!

JustKev

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
I just got myself a copy of the old video from fleabay for 99p!

I watched it last night and have to say wasn't impressed! I appreciate that it was made in '88/'89 but the filming was terrible (only bike/rider shots in focus were Specialized), the soundtrack is plain annoying and worst of all is a shocking 'commentary' (i use the term loosely) from Cindy Whitehead.

Going home to watch 'Dirt' again tonight - a proper MTB video!

If anyone wants to watch Rockhopper South just send me a PM! Only condition is that you watch it, add your comments here and then pass on to another member. Maybe we can make a Poll?

Could you Youtube/capture the specialized shots? I'd love to see if my first mtb is in there.... or is it so bad it would spoil the memories

Video is in the post now on it's way to Mr Wu-Tangled! Maybe he can send it on to you afterwards....

I've had "Specialized Rockhopper South" as a saved search in eBay for many years and haven't seen a copy come up.

My dad bought this video when it came out because it showcased all the trails we rode on every weekend in Big Bear Lake, CA. About 15 years ago he lent it to someone and it was lost.

I'm dredging up this old thread because I really want to see this and share it with my wife. I'd either like a copy or beg someone to convert it to digital and post it on the web.

Latest posts

Back