Not having a good week (broken ti warning content)

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
After possilby the nicest weekend this year thus far, and having to spend it all with a bloody cold and not on a bike, I broke a Ringle Twister last night, about half way through it's 3/4 turn do up cycle.

Just a warning then about these skewers to those that didn't already not trust such components...

Snapped clean off at the top of the thread that locks the spindle into the twister (cam type thing) lever bit.

Luckily it happened in the garden not down a hill somewhere. Was showing no signs of wear and was regularly cleaned, ti prep'd.

Reckon it's XTR then for me from now on. Not Pimpy but strong and safe etc.

It's just hard as traditionally one of THE areas of pimpness was always the skewers.

Maybe Salsa's but they're not that pimpy are they.

:cry:

I've got four sets of these bloody things. They were on my list of the most beautiful components ever.

But now my faith is in doubt.

Yup. Think Salsa's to be honest. Kind of pimpy, but strong.

Saw them do that back in the day - which is why they are not on my shopping lists.

Salsa skewers however are good though as they have stood the test of time - but the plastic curved washer can get deformed which is a pain.

Hope ones with the brass washer are pretty good if you like colours, but for pure function I prefer modern XT/XTR.

Could've been worse - I thought from the title that you'd snapped a frame!

I love skewers too. Hope Ti skewers are all I need (gotta be the old ones with the etched logo though :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: )

Wu-Tangled":2fivijad said:
JS1500":2fivijad said:
Could've been worse - I thought from the title that you'd snapped a frame!

yeah I realised that it looked like that after I posted it!

:D

Hope I never have to post a real 'Broken Ti Frame' thread :shock:

But at least the guys at work could weld it... :roll:

Back