CANNONDALE EST

muzzlightyear

Retro Newbie
Hi, I'm new to Retrobike and am after some information. I am thinking about selling my Cannondale EST (in very good condition!). Does anyone have an idea of what it is worth, or know anything about this particular model? Cheers, Paul.

Take a look on ebay to get an idea of what is being asked for different models.

Although there are no ESTs on there at present, so if someone wanted one you could be in a strong position as a seller.

At the end of the day it's worth as much as someone is willing to pay (I know that's not very helpful)

Thanks for your reply. Here is a photo of the bike. The forks are obviously new but I still have the original rigid forks, along with the original off-set pull brakes. I have a receipt from when it was valued in 1994 at £1830.00, which makes me smile! I'm quite keen to find out the year of make but don't know where to start so any information would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Cannondale EST.JPG
    Cannondale EST.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 3,068
I think the EST came out the year after I got my 'dale which would date it at 1992 but they may have been out in 1991. It certainly has the same style graphics as mine (they changed later on) and the (original equipment) Flex stem certainly comes from that era.

I have never seen such a color for an EST frame.
What is the color of the pepperoni fork ?
Is it an original painting?
If yes, you should have the se omega frame, with a white-cream fork and swing arm, and a black frame with white decals.
But the crank was a cook bros, not a ritchey.

You can see on the picture all the cannondale SE, sold in 1991. In 1990, this bike didn't exist. And in 1992, it was replaced by the deltaV…
SE omega (grafton, cookbros, ringle…)
SE2000 (ritchey, shimano XT)
SE1000 (suntour XC comp)
estcouleur2bq2.jpg

Thanks for all the information guys. It's brilliant you're helping me out! I'm sue it has not been re-painted - the Cannondale letters are moulded into the laquer. The colour of the frame is a very very dark metallic green, so that it looks black on the photograph. The original forks are the same colour, and the decals are silver. The crank is a Ritchey, and all the chain gear is Shimano Deore XT. Apart from the colouring, this does look like it could be an SE2000!

What color is the swing arm : green ?
It's difficult to see it on your picture…
The SE painting was black with a "splatter style". Perhaps, it's not the original painting, but, it's doesn't matter.
But, if the derailleurs are deore XT, and crank, brake levers, seatpost ritchey, it's a SE 2000.
The frame sold alone was the frame of the SE2000.

I saw some price of this bike on ebay : not very expensive : around 250-300$ max I think for yours : it's in a good state… but, in ebay in France, an EST in bad state is sold for 200 euros…
:(

If the bike has sentimental value, keep it.

If it doesn't, split it up and sell its parts seperately, you'll make more money :)

Don't sale it…
Change the fork for the original pepperoni, and you can be sure to have a beautiful old school bike. Its value is not money, but something else…

Back