26.4 seat post

rascal

Senior Retro Guru
Alright folks,

As some of you may know I am restoring a Saracen Trekker.
I'm not doing too bad so far, but I am after a black 26.4 seat post - do you think I can find one!!!! :? Many a nice post has come and gone in all other sizes - but 26.4.
Has anyone else used a slightly (I mean 26.6 etc.) larger post and had joy? or am i gonna put undue stress on the seat tube??

Cheers,

Rascal

2061_1.JPG

here

in the US but they do worldwide shipping ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
seat post

Cheers dude,

I had seen that, but being a tart I wanted something a little swisher :cool:
Possibility if nothing comes up though.

Rascal

rascal":lvxjlc21 said:
Alright folks,

Has anyone else used a slightly (I mean 26.6 etc.) larger post and had joy? or am i gonna put undue stress on the seat tube??

Cheers,

Rascal

You could have your seat tube reamed to accommodate a slightly larger seatpost.

26.4 is not the most common size there is, but I wouldn't ream my seat tube. Keep an eye out for one on ebay.com en ebay.de. Germany is a great source: those guys bought almost everything in the early nineties. :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Cheers guys, I'll be keeping my eye out - but let me know if you come across anything on your searches :)

Rascal

seatpost

Posh,

Many thanks dude, I'd not checked this link for a few days myself :roll:

Rascal

Back