Am i the only one

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
As soon as i get on the bike i become possessed. I have to go at full speed. And god help any body or thing that gets in the way. If anther cyclist goes past me then its :twisted: Maybe its the London affect? :LOL:

I get the odd person attempting to race me on the way to work in the mornings.

Perhaps i provoke them as at every opportunity i will shortcut by hoping over curbs, cutting corners or crossing patches of grass. I only really do it to add a little interest to an otherwise sterile ride.

But i sometimes think other cyclists see it as me trying to 'beat' them as often they will noticeably push themselves to catch me. People also throw glances as i show such blatant disregard for the highway code.

Cambridge is most definately not London, particularly the roads i use at the times i use them, i think it is a human condition.

wow, you commutes sound kinda stressful? I ride on a canal path, through green flowing fields, occasional heron, ducks, squirrel about all I have to contend with :)

scant":19cc80c9 said:
wow, you commutes sound kinda stressful? I ride on a canal path, through green flowing fields, occasional heron, ducks, squirrel about all I have to contend with :)

I once rode perilously close to a fox, i think we both left the situation a little bemused.

no one can ride flat out all the time, hell even the TDF has rest days & they're already loaded up with "enhancers" :LOL:
ride on my own, nice & steady. ride with others, murder leg fest :LOL:

My commute in London is full on with racing allover the place loud trucks with crossing on red madness that leads to people pushing past at the lightsTHENthey just run emAND the WORST is DRIVERS from all over the world RIGHTHERE And like yesterday they were in DELI OR BLOODY ROME!...have YOU EVERI MEAN EVER SHAREDTHE ROAD WITH A BENDYBUS!!GREENLIGHTGOGOGOGO GET THE FCK OUTA MYWAYFCKNUT........back home. Hi Dear no the usual commute.

Back