How nice is our Forum

ape

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I know it sounds a bit daft but come on how nice is our forum really, everybody just seems so happy to help each other out, if somebody is looking for a part on ebay and somebody else spots it they let them know, if someone is bidding for something on ebay most others will back off and let them have a crack at it. I wanted to find a shim a little while ago to convert my stem from 1" to 1/8th as my mum had lost mine somewhere back at her house and didn't want to buy one and was sent one free from another member. If you've ever got a question or not sure of something someone is there to help and give advice. And people don't seem to slate other people or their bikes or equipment on here either and I just think its really nice. SOrry I've been drinkin hick lol :D but still true

Oh god its like standing next to a straight man again.
Just look the other way and say nothing.
Best move along......

:LOL:

You're right. I work on the basis that a little good deed every now and again helps to balance the karma when I balls things up :)

Lid":hurdpk7q said:
Oh god its like standing next to a straight man again.
Just look the other way and say nothing.
Best move along......
:shock: :shock: :?: That one went over my head too. This is a great site. :D

Sorry I am just such a cynical git and my humor seems to allways come from the wrong angle.
Hilts is helping me to overcome this though, by giving to charity and assisting people I dont even know (for free) with their cycling problems.

But then I to have allso benefitted on this site from the generosity of several wonderfull members.

I suppose your...no I know you are right, this is a great site with wonderfull people ect ect. Suppose I am just to immature to say it out loud (you aint gunna tell anyone what I said are you?)

Definately worth giving yourselves a pat on the back people, this is without doubt the friendliest and least judgemental/ sarcastic and cynical bike community I've ever known.

Here here, Ape, well said. Just remember it in the morning when you (hopefully) haven't been drinking ;) .

Oh I'll remember not had that much lol, just wanted an excuse for sounding a little soppy, just find it a bit heartwarming sometimes here especially after seeing a few other forums and the way they are with each other just think we make a nice change, makes me feel good when I've helped or tried to help someone on their way to their retro build, something else like about this forum is that we type properley and none of this .. Yo I've got me some new blingin forks I want to sell to you innit and al that 17 text type stuff (How old do I sound lol) when I was a young lad mobile phones wern't invented lol

ape":2wed73cw said:
just find it a bit heartwarming sometimes here especially after seeing a few other forums and the way they are with each other

oh so true.

Let's hope it stays that way and the unwritten law of friendliness to your fellow cyclist remains.

(stops yogic flying and goes to bed. Night night. :) )

Back