Suggestion for Special Editon BOTM June

RichieB

Retro Guru
To perhaps put an end to the BOTM debate, I suggest a Dialy Rider BOTM or a "Year correct" Botm Special Edition, along the line of the Penny Pincher's edition...

What do you think?

RichieB":2pthdmz4 said:
a "Year correct" Botm Special Edition

Great idea... but one could see a quabble develop as to what is truly "period correct." Example - my 86 Fat sold as a frameset, and the best available stuff back then was likely dearhead XT. Yet, I have 87-88 M730 stuff on there. Thus, is it not period correct? Plus, the 90s just blur together. A Syncros stem made in 93 would probably look at home on any bike made in the 90s.

I think a "daily rider" one would be better. Or a Kona BOTM :LOL:

ameybrook":3vcfojrd said:
Or a Kona BOTM :LOL:

how about we make it more difficult - i suggest "XL blue Klein Attitude with dented top tube OTM" or "95% (would be finished if only the builder would stop changing his mind on parts) Proflex OTM"

or seriously, Daily Rider BOTM would be a good competition!

MadCowKev":3v5ekltc said:
Daily Rider BOTM would be a good competition!
The bikes entered would have to show sign of use (MUD, Dirt, greasy chain, etc).

Carsten and Jez would have to take a month off :D (J/K)

ameybrook":2tfbatpw said:
MadCowKev":2tfbatpw said:
Daily Rider BOTM would be a good competition!
The bikes entered would have to show sign of use (MUD, Dirt, greasy chain, etc).

agreed - entry pictures would have to be of dirty post ride bikes! (and I hosed mine off after this mornings 5am blast :roll: )

How about an absolutely non-contentious BoTM. you can only enter if your bike is totally middle of the road and nobody is likely to get upset about any part of it ;)

How's about a Before and After BOTM so that we can see the skill, artistry and blood, sweat and tears in some people's builds. The one that wins is the one that has made the most amazing 'ugly duckling' like transformation rather than the person who was able to score a decent bunch of NOS stuff from ebay to hang on a NOS frame. Amey's Kona/Fat spring to mind as examples or some of them resprayed Trimbles

Back