Forks

letmetalktomark

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Now I don’t want to come across as a numpty for asking this question so be kind!

I have a retro Peugeot mountain bike with a 1inch threaded steerer. On previous bikes that I upgraded to suspension forks 1inch threaded forks were available (Rockshox Quadra 10 – Remember them!).

Now I am aware that a Marzocchi, Magura still manufacture suspension forks and Pace rigid forks in 1inch diameters.

Does anybody know if these forks are threaded, like older forks, or are just smaller diameter threadless forks?

If they are the second do companies make 1inch (non quill) stems? Or are spacers needed to convert 1 1/8th inch to 1inch.

I am hopefully getting my bike re sprayed soon and I wasn’t sure as to whether or not to get the stock fork sprayed too or to get something a little fancier?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mark

Mark

The new forks will not be threaded so you'll need to change to an ahead type headset. You can get Stems for 1" ahead steerers no problem so thats not an issue.

So if you choose to go for a nice new fork to go with the paint job you can get all the bits for it no problem. Either look at Ebay, ask on here or go for new stuff from the companies still making it..

Hope that helps

Hilts

The Pace 1'' are Ahead steerer. RC31C. I gave up looking for a good 1'' stem so bought a shim to fit the bigger stem

Back