Amp fork disc brake adaptor?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I'm toying with the idea of running old hope discs on my amp forks, but as many will know, the mounts on the forks are nothing short of retro and conform to no known modern standard.

Does anyone know if it possible to buy an adaptor? Amp don't have anything and I don't have access to anything needed to make one myself.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but nothing came up in the search results.

Thanks

Ian

There was an AMP fork in a for sale thread a few weeks ago that was being sold with an international standard adapter for the forks.

Thanks for that, I have posed the question to the seller (will they sell the adaptor to me without the forks).

Cheers

Ian

Ok. I now know that hope don't do them anymore, but the fact that they did gives me hope (pardon the pun) that they did exist and there may be some out there. This has now become more of a wanted ad I guess, though would still welcome advice if anyone has made one in terms of taking measurements to try and make one myself or get one made.

Ian

ishaw":31v8p17w said:
Thanks for that, I have posed the question to the seller (will they sell the adaptor to me without the forks).

Cheers

Ian

I inquired about the forks a while back. The seller wouldn't sell the forks without the disc mount adapter. :roll:

That could explain why I've not heard back. Are you interested in the forks then? If so we could club together and get the bits we want?

Ian

ishaw":3lozcvw3 said:
That could explain why I've not heard back. Are you interested in the forks then? If so we could club together and get the bits we want?

Ian

Actually, he doesn't seem to be too active. He took forever to answer my first email, and has yet to read my reply in weeks.

I used to make an adapter. I sold about fifty of them through eBay. I stopped because making them because it wasn't worth my time. Mine were made with a milling machine, but you don't really need that equipment.

You can make one easily without specialized equipment. All you need is a hacksaw, a file, and some drills and taps.

Thanks for commenting. I guess my main problem is that I don't know where to start. I know this may sound stupid, but I'm not sure what thickness alu would be needed, should the finished article sit on the in or outside of the existing tab? How do I get measurements for the mount etc? I know it sounds basic and whilst I'm not afraid of giving it a go, it has been quite some time since I've done anything like this, and I'd want to do it right.

AMPrider, I don't suppose I could commission you to make one or two for me?

Ian

put a picture up and messure the center to center of the holes ;) i've made a few adaptors in my time :D

Back