Vandalism - what a waste

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Got back to the station last night after what was a pretty rubbish day thus far, to find my '93 Rockhopper Comp with broken spokes and buckled wheels and knackered cables, mechs.

Theft I can understand, but vandalism...what a completly pointless hobby.

Asked if the cctv showed the scrote but wasn't allowed to view it.

But was told reassuringly, that there had been numerous complaints of vandalism on the premesis recently, and plod wasn't that interested.

Thinking of getting a folder now.

:cry: :evil: :twisted:

set up a high-voltage shock system that goes off whenever somebody touches your bike - thoroughly illegal but very satisfying!

Thats the kind of thing that would drive me crazy. Lying awake thinking of elaborate revenge plans.
You gotta move on, as my mate with the video surveylance cameras pointed at the scally neighbors will tell you; "Even when you get the footage the Cops still dont wanna know".

yep thats pretty low and I can understand your frustration. Its half term at the moment, wonder if thats anything to do with it.
If it helps I think you can request a copy of the footage as part of your rights under the data protection act, although it costs something like £15?

we get loads of bikes in York like that , usually its a group of pissed lads who decide its funny to put a wheel on a right angle,
one word ........................................... twats :!:

however, it takes just one night to make you old bike an insurance claim if thats what you need :) .

sorry .....that didn't help :oops:

Wrong as it may be to society as a bigger picture, I ain't reporting it to Transport plod. They aren't interested. It will waste even more taxpayer's money and ultimately get nowhere. And let's be fair - it's not a terrible crime - just such a waste as it really served me well riding that bike down there every day. And a folder is such a pain in the arse and I WILL forget it on a train one day I just know it.

If there was reward in it for them (ie: fine-able traffic violation) - you'd probably see a (bit) of reaction, but obviously this is so minor that all that would happen would be retribution from afore mentioned teenage scrote once the connection was made from my bike to me.

Trust me, I went through all the appropriate angst ridden vengence on the walk home. But I know it's not that big a deal.

Just such a shame.

:roll:

:shock: :shock: :evil: :twisted: :cry: Sorry to read about your 'hopper'. I've felt bad enough when had them stolen. But to do that. Perhaps jealous.

joe - sorry I couldn't give you al lift home - only got two seats and one of them was occupied.

have you got any spare IRC tyres in rust wall btw?

no worries - was almost outside the new house - does mrs wu believe mrs GK exists yet?

No tyres I'm afraid - just had a chuckout.

Back