Gday from Australia

seannicknick

Dirt Disciple
Hi all,

I couldn't find an introductions thread so I thought I'd introduce myself here, my name is Sean and live in the Blue Mountains, Australia. I have been lurking on this forum for the better part of a year and finally joined.

I have a proflex 757 and 856, along with a vintage avanti FS and a couple of vintage road bikes.

Just wondering if there are any other retrobikers here in Sydney?

cheers
Sean

Gday Sean.

I have wondered how many Australian we have on here.. maybe a roll call is in order?

Sounds good to me, would be nice to ride with someone who appreicates these old bikes.

I get so excited to see other old bikes out on the trails and most of the time the owner has some bewildered look on their face as to why I think their old junker is so fantastic :LOL:

Legacy555":3l9tokyz said:
I would like to live in Australia does that count?

One loaf of bread and a silk handkerchief should do the trick to get you here (well it did in the olden days). ;)

seannicknick":1j3m696k said:
I get so excited to see other old bikes out on the trails and most of the time the owner has some bewildered look on their face as to why I think their old junker is so fantastic :LOL:

I'm yet to see another bike on my local trails full stop :shock:

Shame it's such a big damn country and we're all so spread out.. Maybe an annual state ride might work at the very least?

yeah. It gets pretty lonely out on the cold trails this time of year. Have you guys heard of the Oaks trail? That's where I see most other riders. My local 10km I'd be lucky to see another rider once every two weeks.

Legacy555":9rjw2gzo said:
I would like to live in Australia does that count?

Do you have any achievements that we can lay claim to?

Doesn't have to be much.. longest mono between your house and the shops would do it.

Who can we make the passport out to?

Back