So nice (eBay.de Syncros cranks!) + plea for German help!

Makrie

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hey all!

I've just seen some NOS Syncros Revolutions on eBay.de... I think I want them so badly! Does this seem very wrong to you all? They're hecka pricy but I've loved these cranks since I first saw them back in the day!

Expensive? At £178 (currently) you bet!

Would I pay more? Well, the trinket lust is up, so sure thing (and with an easy heart too 'cause my partner is in the process of buying herself a new kayak!)!

Can I bid? NO! The seller will only ship to Germany!

Realising I've left this way too late (perhaps a good thing - I mean, do I really need them?!), if there were any Germany located forum member willing to help me with this (very last minute) transaction that would be awesome!

I assume (urr - hope?) that I could pay the seller by bank transfer within Europe if (big if!) I won using my UK eBay account (my username is Mok73).

I've got good references on some watch forums (references relating to international purchases) and (very occasionally now) post as Markie on STW.

Whatever, read this post and think of the dream bits you'd bid the farm for! For me it's these and On-One's Full Monty rear hubs... mmmm, bomb-proof! Well, and maybe a few other bits and pieces that have escaped my mind due to an overload of crank-lust!

cheers

Mark

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Just buy the part. I really see no point why he shouldn't ship to UK... or am I overlooking something?

I guess I'm worried 'cause I don't speak German, but babelfish (and a cusory reading of his ad by a basic level German speaking friend) indicate that he explicity doesn't want to deal with the UK.

Basically, I don't want to unnecessarily p*** someone off!

Mmmm, they are lovely though!

I do read he ships to Germany only... but personally I do not see the point

Maybe it is in German nature to be really risk avoiding, I don't know... or because he has to inquire another time for shipping rates????

If you really want the part I would be willing to assist as I know someone in Germany, but it will be complicated....

thank you

Thank you Elev12k, that offer is very much appreciated.

If I had seen the cranks sooner and left more time to arrange things, then I would go ahead, as it is I am sorry I have left it so late - I can imagine how complicated this would be!

The moral of the story? Perhaps spend more time on ebay?

european sellers get charged for UK cheques ..
most of the time they dont do paypal..
offer him to cover the charge , see what happens ,
worked for me a few times
not sure how much but i think the last quote was about 10 euros
try him
slim

ps got quoted £25.00 charge for a bank transfer to germany :shock:

Send him some euro travellers cheques , like that you are protected .

it cost about £3.50 for a recorded delivery letter to germany .

Thought transfers within EU in euros were free. At least for me it is :cool:

Yep, I should have mailed the seller (and in fact just have). My problem was coming across the auction so late (and then not having a clue what to do).

Oh well, I like Middleburn cranks just fine anyway. Darn!

Back