Bontrager Ti-Lite seatpost size ??

N10S

Dirt Disciple
I just picked-up a 97 Ti-Lite and need to find out what size seatpost it takes. I am pretty sure the older bikes were 26.8mm and I think the Ti-Lite is a 27.0mm, but just want to be sure. I would just check the bike myself, but it hasn't been delivered yet and I am out of town for two weeks anyway.

Btw- I have been doing searches on this one and haven't come across the info yet.

Thanks for any info that can be provided.

JR :)

Just been to check ~ 27.0

Got a nice shiney Ti Syncros post it mine :)

...if you find you need replacement decals give me a shout

Gil,

Thanks for confirming the seatpost size! Man..I am in disk brake envy of your bike... a fine looking machine no doubt!

Here are a few shots of the bike I just bought. Pics are pirated from the ad, but you get the idea anyway. It did come with the Judy/bontrager crown/syncros stem as well. I have always wanted one of these, and just happened upon it at the right time.

B7.jpg

B6.jpg

B5.jpg

B4.jpg

B3.jpg

B2.jpg

B1.jpg

Thanks again!

Jeff

Looks very nice, decals are a little odd, look more like a repro of the road lite decals

The ones on mine are wrong, just never got round to chnaging them, should be a darker blue text and a black paw print, if you want to change them give me your address and I'll drop a set in the post ~ happy to help out a fellow Ti-lite owner :D

Still ride mine on a regular basis and still love it dearly, whatever you do once you get hold of it hang on to it, you will forever regret it if you sell it

Gil,

Yeah, the decals are definitely not the norm, thats for sure. Thanks for the offer on the correct decals though, I may take you up on it some time! As to owning the bike, I have wanted a Ti-Lite for years and everytime I saw one for sale someone else had just bought it. This time when I had the chance I didn't hesitate as I did not want to miss being able to pick one up. Seems like it should be a great long-term rider that should provide years of great riding service.

One question though, when did they begin to add the disc mounts on the bike? I am not even sure how long they made the Ti-Lite, but I am guessing yours is a later model year production than mine.

Thanks again, and its good to know someone with a good history of the bike.

Jeff :)

i wasn't aware they ever offered the ti lite with disk mounts, am guessing these are a custom addition?

i believe the first one's arrived (from sandvick) at the santa cruz cannery in July 1995? not sure when they stopped making them/they got cleared out on supergo??

One last thing regarding the decals on my bike. I was scanning the RetroBike Gallery and looking at the Bontrager catalogues, and the decals on my bike look to be more like reproductions of the 1995 Ti-Lite decals than the later models. That was the only model year that had the paw-print on the top tube and color-filled Bontrager script on the down-tube. The head tube decal is supposed to be a NOS decal.

Its great to have access to such a nice library of info on different bikes.

Jeff

95bonty":33i3dt0b said:
i wasn't aware they ever offered the ti lite with disk mounts, am guessing these are a custom addition?

i believe the first one's arrived (from sandvick) at the santa cruz cannery in July 1995? not sure when they stopped making them/they got cleared out on supergo??

Yes...thats why Gils bike is really intriguing me. I thought the bikes were made from 95-98, but I could definitely be wrong. Based on the catalogue data none had disk mounts, so it would have to be a one-off late production, custom, or a well-integrated adapter. The cable/line seat-stay braze-on for the rear brake line looks pretty clean in the picture. Come on Gil whats they story behind the disk set-up..?? :twisted:

Back