age litespeed?

plexus":2jgl8avy said:
Hi guys,

I've swapped my very recent cannondale for a "dated" litepeed.
Just want to know how old it is....please help me.
You have the answer under the BB : 02-94, february 1994.
The design of the rear clamp is specfific of thes litespeed. How long are the chainstays ? th 1994 occoe measered 430mm ! Very looooooooooooong ! :D

I think, it's not the original decal

It's written in french, but it's the same year of your bike : litespeed occoee 1994…

You can find the 1994 catalog there

It looks like it but not quite, the rear canti arch has been grinded off :x but was on a different place than the litespeeds in the catalog.They have that little "bent around the seattube" tube like my first rockhopper used to have.

Browsing folders ...... it looks very similar to the '96 Obed except for the dropouts.......little confused here.
Is it a litespeed at all???

I scan with zooming on the dropouts of the litespeed showed in the french magazine : You have the same dropouts, with the 2 littles hole. I don't see them on other years. What is funny, on the french magazine, there's only 2 brake cable on the side of the horizontal tube, with a classic front derailleur. On the catalog, and on your bike, there's 3 cables (brake, and top pull derailleur cable) on the side. Perhaps, the frame on the magazine is an occoee specific for a deore classic front derailleur… Perhaps, it's an option…
In my opinion, it's really a 1994 occoee frame : the 2 specific holes in the dropout. After 95, the chainstays ends coniacal on a little dropout.
Under the bottom bracket tube, you have 94 and 02. I think, it's means 1994 and 02, february, it's the date your bike was made.
How long is the chainstay ? 430mm? If yes, you can be sure, it's 1994.

I have another magazine, where they tryed a 1994 occoee. Let me see an scan… ;)

Back