Copied or reproduction Decals/Stickers/transfers............

rascal

Senior Retro Guru
Alright lads and lasses,

I have decided to respray the Saracen Trekker I recently bought on the bay, but I want it to look as original as poss.
I am thinking of getting it powder coated by a guy who has done some work for me before (pending colour match) and when this is done applying some copy decals - does anyone know where I should start in looking for someone who can do this?
Also, I want it laquered over the transfers, does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could go for this and any pointers?

Cheers,

Rascal

im not sure you can powder coat a frame then fit decals and clear coat over them with the heating process for the powber coat but i might be wrong have you tried gil-m for decals transfers

Rascal,

You have two options...

1.) have your decals produced on vinyl that is designed for high temp application. Then you may have your base coat applied, flash baked, decals applied and powder clear applied and baked. This would be the most durable option.

2.) have you decals produced on standard vinyl or silk screened. Apply and bake your powder base color. Put on decals and wet spray clear over top, using a heavy reducer to help cut into the powder for better adhesion.

cheers,

rody

I was working on copying some trekker decals for Gil m to do at some point so I could get my trekker sprayed up green, :? I will have to see how far I got with em when I get back off me jollies ;)

quite long decals if i remember right.

back now from me jollies and I had a look at the saracen decal design I had started might get em finished one day :roll:

SARACENtrekkermock.jpg

actually - now I look at em, not completely happy with em yet so may start from scratch again :?

decals............

Retrobikeguy,

Those decals dont look half bad. Let me know when you have messed around with them as I said to Gil M I'd measure my decals and all that business, but if you've already done it it'd be a great help to me :D

Rascal

loads of faffing about on MS publisher :roll:

when I'm happy with em I will post it up ;)

Decals

Retrobikeguy,

Can I be cheeky and ask how those decals are coming along? No worries if you havent had a chance to look at them since.
I've just had the frame back from the sprayers and am itching to 'dress' it!
The ones attatched to this thread are good enough for me, what is the next step so I could get Gil to print up?

Cheers,

Rascal

p.s. send me your paypal address and I'll send you a drink :D

Back