Mongoose, real or was I dreaming?

Cherrymatt

Old School Hero
Ok folks I seem to remember a Mongoose advert (MBA 90,91) for a frame with ti main tubes and a cromo back end (4130). Did I imagine it or was this bike actually produced? If so does anybody out there have one? I even think it was a Johnny T signature.

Cool thanks for that I am not going mad. Now all we need to do is find someone with one. I remember it being the nicest thing ever.

mmmmmmmmmmmm me like. Is it on these shores? Did they ever import any, I never saw any at the NPS races in the early ninties.

You're from Cheltenham right? Do you remember a small bike shop called Chicken Rock?

The owner there used to ride one, he sold it to one of my mates and we regularly thrashed it about Leckhampton and Cleeve hill, you may have seen one already and not even known it :)

Not many around these days though.

Only been here for a couple of years, so don't remember the shop.

I really want to track that down now. How did it ride? Hope its not been snapped jumping down leccie hill!!!

Cherrymatt":1448yje5 said:
Only been here for a couple of years, so don't remember the shop.

I really want to track that down now. How did it ride? Hope its not been snapped jumping down leccie hill!!!

After its stint in Cheltenham, the owner moved to California where it did him well on the trails over there, then it was sent to a friend in Switzerland where it played in the mountains for a bit. Last I heard, it was sold but I don't know who to so the trail goes cold I'm afraid. It certainly stood up well though.

I'll call him and ask if he still has it :)

Kudos to Merlin sounds like they were built to last.

Be interesting to see where it is now.

Are there anymore out there in the Uk??

Back