Lots of Bikes = Lots of effort

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Anyone else find running a few bikes takes a fair bit of effort? Spent two hours this evening cleaning the six bikes I use regularly. All of them need some work and have parts waiting to go on. If I didn't ride them i have he time to keep them running tip top.....

Not sure how some of you have immaculate fleets of 20 plus, must be like painting the Forth Road Bridge !

You can only ride one at a time. Moreover, is something wrong with a bike or is it that dirty it can't be ridden I simply pick another. No rush :D

Yeah, its even worse when some need some serious attention :!:
My winter bike was used in the spam winter challenge hosed down then
forgoten about at the back of the garage, now the complete drive chain is rusty :oops: Thats the trouble when most of my time is spent with work :cry:
Not enough hours in the day :roll:

aahhh!

ive got two reto projects, my xc race bike, my road bike, my downhill race bike, & my frankenbike commuter to deal with! & i use them regularly.

no wonder my bird almost sacked me last week :roll:

Yes I find it a real struggle sometimes and the list of bike jobs on the whiteboard does seem to grow.

One thing I make myself do after every ride is a clean the bike, as I've found that if I leave them I end up cleaning 4 or 5 bikes in one go, which is a real chore.... :(

Yeah I really couldn't deal with more than 2 bikes right now, total cudos and a muffin to all those of you running multiple sweet retro rides, dunno how you do it! :LOL:

I leave mine dirty except for the drive train. They'll just get dirty all over again anyway. :p

Dryer climate out here though.

Hooray, I'm not alone with these problems. I've got too many projects and too little time to finish them. Two frames have been sitting in a corner for more than two years, cleaning and upgrading the rideable bikes is so time-consumimg. That's why I ended up not cleaning the daily riders at all and started to sell some of the bikes.

Maybe I should also start not to use ebay anymore - I always end up buying stuff that I don't really need...

I normally find it easier to wash them in one go. It takes less time in getting the stuff out to wash and fix them, than if you did them individually. Just make sure you've got some good music on at the time ;)

Back