XC Pro cassette - how to remove? - pics up now

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi dear people,

How to remove a Suntour XC Pro screw on cassette???

Thanks!

I think you'll need two of these: BBB BTL-11 TurnTable. Not sure though.
blt-11.jpg

if you dont want it on there any more my advise would be take to a bike shop where people like me have the tools to remove it with ease and with out damaging the hub ht e most they should charge is 50p or if there friendly they wil do it for free ;) ;)

Hi,

thanks both

Spikes,

I do have two and I already tried with 1 one the smallest and the other on a larger cog. So far no result :(

spray it and let it soak in plus gas for 1 day that should make it easier if not local bike shop you can not resist the powers of the shop lol if you live lowestoft il get it off for ya :cool: :cool:

Elev12k":4vs8lsfd said:
Hi,

thanks both

Spikes,

I do have two and I already tried with 1 one the smallest and the other on a larger cog. So far no result :(

Is this the correct method?

Sprayed with WD40 quite a lot the last several days. So far no single bit of movement.

Did you make sure you have a cassette like this one (page 9):

http://www.mtb-kataloge.de/Bikekataloge ... Tour93.pdf

If so, you did the right thing: keep the cassette in place with one tool, while trying to unlock the smallest cog counterclockwise with the other. Just to make sure: could you post a close-up of the hub taken from the side with the smallest cog?

:?:

Spikes/Pieter,

It is not like that one on page 9. That one is a 8s, mine 7s (it comes from a '92 S-works M2). Probably that does it make look different. Mine looks more like that Superbee :cool: cassette (the one in front)

Will make a pic

It looks like this, but the notches aren't there :?

frwl-suntour.jpg

I do not see something were a tool can be fitted.

The centersection does not rotate with the cassette.

I will take pics

Latest posts

Back