My Ti-Lite Build is near complete here are some pics

williwoods

Retro Guru
this build has been in the Works for almost 2 years plus. when I was clearing out my bikes and parts a few months ago it was to secure this bike. Thank you to all that bought stuff from me to help the build. I ended up finding her on Craigslist in the bay area, drove up there from Ojai to pick her up almost a 12 hour drive round trip. I will soon post before pics.

I apologize for the mix in the build, it is not period correct, but I wanted this to be my daily rider and unfortunately the paul rear der had to go, and instead an x.o. is in its place, there are only a few new items on the bike most of it 80% is period, well sort of..... she weighs in at 24 lbs even which I think is good considering the 4.5 lbs fork. Only one part is shimano, the pedals. This is an interim build as there are a few parts that need to be swapped. See below for the parts still needed, maybe you can help......

The only original parts to remain from the original 96 build are:

Brake Levers, Saddle, and front derailleur.

I had a real hard time justifying, removing the paul rear der, the paul brakes, the Fork (a bontrager offset threadless boltless crowned Judy) But the idea was to have something I would ride that has as many retro vintage parts as possible but still have the performance of a modern bike. Some of the build choices were for aesthetics, some because they were Bontrager parts. But overall the choices were driven by function. The wheels were laced by me, my first wheel build and they are awesome!!! Revolutions in the front radial laced and comps in the rear 2 and 3 cross.

Ti-lite_-_01.JPG

Ti-lite_-_02.JPG

Ti-lite_-_03.JPG

Ti-lite_-_04.JPG

Ti-lite_-_05.JPG

Ti-lite_-_06.JPG

Ti-lite_-_07.JPG

Ti-lite_-_08.JPG

Ti-lite_-_09.JPG

Ti-lite_-_10.JPG

Ti-lite_-_11.JPG

Ti-lite_-_12.JPG

Ti-lite_-_13.JPG

Ti-lite_-_14.JPG

Ti-lite_-_15.JPG

Now please help me find the last goodies to actually finish her up: I need a bontrager ssm Ti or K saddle that is new or looks near new and the foam is still soft, a real 32 tooth ring in compact, a Ringle peace sign hanger in green. A new set of mag bontrager bar ends.

If you cant find the SSM I have a Velo Cro in new condition.
Nice looking Bonty......odd to think that some of my money went into buying it.
Personally I agree with the Retro/new mix on bikes.

Choice build, looks sweet. How does it ride with the fork? What travel is it?

the fork feels at home, although im tempted to try the travel reduction kit I have for this fork. Its 80mm and is the best upgrade for an old 1" equiped ride. I hardly notice the differance between this and my other bonty with a 63mm fork although the steering and damping and overall is better by a factor of ten.

and lid thanks for the offer but I got loads of the velo saddles.

Thats very nice :cool:
If the build means that it going to be ridden, then so be it. My P20 has vbrakes and 9spd to get the most out of it :D

I am still looking for a ringle peace sign in green scant......

although the middle finger hanger would work but I like the ringle sentiment better of course.

Back