Advice required for middle age crisis bike related purchase

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Having passed 40 I figure I need to get myself some sort of bike related equivalent of an open topped sports car (well, it's either that or a tattoo and some inappropriate piercings).

Any suggestions? Perhaps a jump bike/BMX with accompanying low slung jeans? An 'All Mountain bike with North Shore proven geometry' that I can huck (or not)?

And feel free to advise more seriously - I feel a strong urge to spend money I don't have on something I don't need (or don't yet know that I need).

A uni-cycle.

Fits the mid life crisis bill as you look a twonk on one.
Makes the Mrs happyish as it is not stupidly expensive.
You can't really hurt yourself (until you start to commute on one!).

Better than a Harley and you will laugh your ass off! :LOL:

Go-on, you will adore it!

Unicycle, top suggestion - I take it that I should wear a jesters hat and perhaps dreads (I could initially go with a wig)?

Once you get the balance sorted wear a suit and carry a brief case! Claim it fits on the train better than a moulton! ;)

OH! Fit a BMX dirt tyre and off road on it, the down hills are sketchy though! :shock:

A freeride bike. I cant believe I'm even saying this given how much I loathe downhillers... but six inches front and rear can be a hell of a lot of fun. Caution though, you will hurt yourself :D

^^^ I second that notion. Nothing like the adrenalin rush of bombing down a massive decline with all the travel in the suspension to go as fast as you like :p

But what kind of era of MTB makes you go "Wow yeah, I remember those!" :?: Thats what steers my bike related purchases, seeing something I lusted after when I was younger and couldn't afford (still can't afford it but at least i'm able to get loans now!) and then building the retro bike of your dreams and riding the wheels off it just like the old days!

Also, what kind of riding interests you at the moment?

Unicycle...no way. Did that and you are just tooo old. If your going to go ahead with buying one I can sell you one cheap. Huck your meat its easier.

What ever you buy just do it. Why wait until next year when......you will be even older.

nah, get one of these instead ➡️

2K7_HUMUHUMU_big.jpg

Back