MTB club rule says hardtail or full suspension only

mattr":27921dur said:
Like i said, it's not written like a rule.

An advisory note maybe.

Even with this heading and this being in the list.

The following rules are in place to make the rides as safe as possible:

v) Rides are suitable for conventional & electric mountain bikes, hardtail or full suspension only;
https://www.meetup.com/Leeds-Mountain-Bikers/

You can see how it might be taken as a rule and not an advisory. Given the context of the other rules.

Re:

I would turn up, absolutely smash it.....and when they ask if you want to come back just say sorry you haven't got suspension so you aren't suitable.

I’d turn up with a rigid, exclaim “oh! I’m not allowed to ride? No worries, where’s the pie shop?” :LOL:

FluffyChicken":1oa6sse2 said:
You can see how it might be taken as a rule and not an advisory. Given the context of the other rules.
SOunds like they haven't actually done that much riding TBH, knee pads? WTF!

Re: Re:

hookooekoo":2zor0pyy said:
Frankenorange":2zor0pyy said:
What a bizarre thing to say. If you have a rigid rear triangle then that is a 'hardtail' whether you have rigid forks or bouncers up front. All that is left as a combo is full sus so the 'rule' doesn't exclude any mtb's. Does exclude offroad unicycles and disabled offroaders with trikes, hand cycles etc.

Personally; i would tell them to get bent. Life is too short to waste time on people who come up with such dumb things.
Maybe I've misunderstood the rule, or taken it out of context. Here's the full rule lifted verbatim from their webpage:

Rides are suitable for conventional & electric mountain bikes, hardtail or full suspension only

To me that sounds like 'no fully rigid bikes'.

Is that a rule or is it guideance?

Back