Calling All Orange C16R Owners

Evening all. I’ve tried searching but not found a definitive answer so does anyone know what size seat post I need for my 1995 C16r? I’ve got a 25mm USE seat post that I’d like to use but need to know what size shim to get.

Many thanks.

I've got a 95 c16r and bought a 29.8mm shim. I haven't yet fitted it as the frame is off for restoration but I got the info from a 97 catalogue so hopefully they didn't change much!

Thanks for the reply. I suspected it would be either 29.8mm or 30mm as using a set of vernier callipers to get a rough idea the seat tube inner diameter came out at 29.9mm which wasn’t much help! If you wouldn’t mind posting on here how it fits when you get tour frame back that would be a big help thanks.

On a different note, what colour have you gone for??

Cheers.

Im happy to report back but the frame has only just gone off so will be a few months before I get it back due to current times.

I've gone for gloss black which was the original colour... in fact very similar to the one above! Mine isn't going to be that retro a build though as most components will be more recent.

I look forward to seeing yours and hope the sizing works OK. I got my shim recently from chainreactioncycles.com if that helps

Cheers
Will

Latest posts

Back