Judy DHO disc brake issue

jimmy5willy

Retrobike Rider
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I have a set of Judy Dho's and I just tried putting a Hope 6 bolt disc wheel on it, but the disc mounting bolts foul on the inside of the fork leg.
Is anyone running an older Hope hub and disc combo on Judy DHO? Are the bolt holes on say a Big 'Un slightly further inward??
I made a spacer out of electrical wire which is enough to clear the fork legs without a disc fitted so V brakes are an option but I was really hoping to run disc brakes.

I think your hub is IS2000 standard. Maybe You need any IS99 standard hub with 2.6mm additional space between disc and legs (brake mount).
I am running a 5 bolt Hope BigUn with my Judy DHO without any problems.

Are you using std Allen bolts or low profile dome heads. Careful with spacing the axle dimension or the fork legs can end up none parallel.

Re:

Got a pic? If its 20mm axle just check you have the end caps the right way around as they are different widths,

Re:

Some good advice here. I think what Karsten said is the right thing. I think this hope hub is just too new for the fork. They must've changed a measurement somewhere around 2000. May well have to source an older wheel.
Yes I'm using the right bolts. No I'm not going to damage the fork. Its not doing the splits lol. The wire is basically using space between the spacers and bearing both sides to push the wheel off centre a couple of mm. The overall width hasn't changed, just the centreline of the wheel, which makes me think about the spacers being the wrong way around. Must admit I haven't looked. I will whip them out and measure but probably not until next weekend now.
Work gets in the way.

Re:

I only have the photos from the listing when I bought it. Not even sure which hub it is. Is has 02.04.Bl stamped on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210124-210740_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210124-210740_Facebook.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 183
Re:

Right that looks like a bulb so you should have 19mm/13.5mm (19mm is disc side) as you can see from the list below (provided to me by hope) there are some close sizes and it’s not a stretch of the imagination to think that you might just have a incorrect end cap? I have literally done this my self as it’s really easy with the bigun’s as the are so close in size.

20mm hope spacers measurements
Disc/Non Disc
Big un pre 05
21mm/19mm
Big Un 05-On
20mm/18mm
Bulb Splined
13.5mm/13.5mm
Bulb 6 bolt
19mm/13.5mm
Pro 2/ EVO/ Pro 4
19mm/19mm