Does anyone remember Mountain Biker International Magazine?

Re: Re:

Once A Hero":3niqmoaf said:
Any chance a scan of the Nat Champs write-up? Like to see if I get a mention! ;)
No problem if you PM me your email I'll try and remember to do it this weekend

Re: Re:

mynchiboy":4ed8cjil said:
Loved MBi back in the day!

My first copy was September 1991. I still remember there being a Rocky Mountain Altitude review in there. Thought the bike was awesome with all the Syncros bits including powerlite forks. The Tim Gould column in the back was a cool touch.

I then pretty much had all the magazines up to around early 1994, including that JMC front cover..stored in a box for safe keeping :D

Sadly said box went missing when my parents moved house, after I left home. I'm still cautiously optimistic that they might all resurface again. Needless to say I'll have the scanner fired up!

Me too!
I'll have a look for you to see what's in Sept '91.

All my MBUK's and MBi's suffered the same fate when I moved out. Took me ages to get all the MBUK's back.....then lost a complete 1991 collection due to flood damage. Managed to buy back again with the help of the forum. Couple of years ago a bought a (near)complete collection of MBi's and MBUK's from Issue 1 of both mags. I'm only missing the ones in my signature but they have been a great resource and I try to scan stuff for folk when I can.

Favourite MBi? - well it's not the 1st one I purchased but this one from May 1991 features 2 of the bikes I own...and most importantly for me, The prototype Orange Aluminium "O" review that inspired me to place the order for mine the next month!

Cheers all.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• trek8700mbicover 1.jpg
    trek8700mbicover 1.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 603
Re:

It wasn't Total Bike was it one_bad_mofo? I'm starting to think that was the name of the mag that had the bike listings for pretty much every mtb in production for each season starting from lowest price to the highest. I bought it once or twice and it seemed to vanish from the shelves.

How much cooler than the new stuff do these old mtbs featured on the covers of the early '90s issues look. I'd take them over anything made now.

Wasn't MBI edited by Chris Porter (Mojo/Geometron) for a while? I have hazy recollections of Kawasaki green Intense M1s with Mr Dirt forks as 'team' bikes?

Re:

Did Chris Porter sometimes go under the alias of Chris P Noodles in the write ups when they were testing the bikes?
The Green Intense DH rings a bell, it was green and black with yellow writing if IIRC.

one_bad_mofo":hg42rzp2 said:
This thread has reminded me that there used to be another UK mag. It only lasted about half a dozen issues. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called but I do remember that Paul Smith was a regular contributor before making the move to MBUK/MTB Pro. Obviously, it was very heavy on the tech side of things. Anyone remember what it was called?

MTB monthly I’m sure it was, I bought all the issues

It was Paul Smith, and his mate called “miggy” I think!

Always remember the shot of Paul getting air on a muddy fox Alu team, with front mounted panniers :LOL:

Back