Can you IDENTIFY this Raleigh?

Frankengoose

Dirt Disciple
After doom scrolling though the Google picture search, I hope someone here might tell me what kind of Raleigh this is.
I bought it for 10€ and my brother in law picked it up, my plan for this is a get-around bike when I'm at my in-laws, so nothing fancy but I still want to make it nice;)

Attachments

• PHOTO-2020-11-26-19-22-25.jpg
    PHOTO-2020-11-26-19-22-25.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 692
Re:

I guess my English isn't as good as I hoped:)
I know this is a UK forum but please be patient with those users from outside the UK, that don't speak English as their native language...
I changed the title for all you linguist and hope now, someone can shed some light on what kind of Raleigh I got.
It looks 80s because of the decals, but unfortunately not in the "hidden gem" more in the "heavy, low end, supermarket-bike" sense and I don't expect much from it.
Still, it would be nice to know what year this was build aso, just a bit of history - thanks!

It’s more like early 90’s, I’m going to say 93. I do remember a kid at school having one back then, but unfortunately I don’t remember the model name, sorry.

Re:

I'd take a guess at an m-trax model mid 90s probably. Are there any decals on the frame indicatimg the material it is made from? A picture from the other side should help as we can then see chainset and gears which often help identify a bike if they are original.

Re:

1993 Raleigh K2. Not sure which one but it's possibly an Apex as they came with a flex stem as standard.

Never seen the 'grey with blue forks' colour scheme so Raleigh may have a done different version for mainland Europe.

I used to work in a shop that sold loads of them and for a basic frame they're actually quite nice.

Crusader has a ton of info on them here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=408417

That's what I'm talking about - thank you all three!
Still can't find a pic of another Raleigh with these bold decals, but there's not much reason
to take pics of your Home Depot cruiser...

Hi there, the bike you have there is a 1994 Raleigh Exodus, from memory they retailed for about £275 and were top of the standard Raleigh mountain bike range. Generally the same spec as the slightly cheaper Amazon model but with the Girvin flex stem. I think they were specced with the Shimano Altus c15 group set and built using raleighs own cromoly lugged frame set.(not reynolds).

hope this sheds some light.

Andy

Latest posts

Back