Dodgy ebay?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Sold a few bits as UK only postage, only offering UK postal options. 3 items sold but were followed up with messages requesting postage to Russia.

All were from 3 separate accounts, all with 0 feedback and all accounts joined ebay on the sane date in Feb.

All three messages were worded exactly the same, asking to use a specific service and cited the sane reason for doing so (relating to the ebay standard service taking 3 months).

All off the above feels dodgy to me, too many coincidences, zero feedback users, set up on same day, all from Russia and all using the same message.

Am I seeing something that's not there, or am I right to think this is dodgy?

Re:

Its not even too good to be true. Will be walking away, just fear negative feedback. Never had any yet.

You just have to send them a message, apologize and say the items were for UK postage only, as stated in your listing. Be polite and ask them to cancel the order. If they start being funny you can approach ebay CS, the first thing they will do is look at any messages so important to communicate. Your other option, and one ebay CS usually recommends off record, is to cancel the order at your end selecting the -something wrong with the address- option.

Of course its a scam. Either your parcel will disappear en route, or the 'buyer' will have a problem and needs to return or some such shite. ANYONE circumnavigates the system is up to something.
Do not send anything.

They've broken the ebay rules by trying to buy from a country you have listed you dont send to.

I've had to recently cancel a sale due to not finding a box to send a frame in. I said sorry to the buyer who got a bit shirty, but it hasnt caused any problems.

Remember you can reply to negative feedback, indicating it was a scam.

Failing everything google ebay customer service telephone number, let them know and insist you will be sending nowt to f*** all.

My current beef(pun) with ebay is 2 meat cleavers i sold, were flagged up as prohibited items. Flagged up as being listed as Chefs knives, when the title is clearly butchers meat cleavers. Fk knows where they got the chefs knives bit, but i guess when you report an item its a set of listed reasons and 'knives' and 'chefs knives' are all thats available.
Even talking to the customer rep proved fruitless(Ill phone them again and get a supervisor as such) he tried to claim the other dozen for sale 'butchers meat cleavers'ands the other 30 sold in the last 4 months just hadnt been reported as mine was.
Clearly cleavers are still being listed and still being sold. Apparently mine are chefs knives, so therefore prohibited.
After a total of 15 years working as a trade butcher all these years i was thinking my cleavers were cleavers when in fact they were chefs knives all along :shock:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Re:

Turned them down politely. Got the same response back from each account. Def. Dodgy!

If the feedback is unjust, malicious, offensive or from a dodgy sale, you can have it removed.

Im glad you sorted it anyway.

Latest posts

Back