BotM, November 2020 nominations thread DIRT DROPS SPECIAL

WimVDD":o4dz0ay5 said:
Love the Fox but it's not a mountainbike, no?

Maybe / Maybe not

I‘m quite neutral on the point (and you do have a point) But in a sparse month do we need to be digging out the rule book

No mater what - It’s a lovely example

uno-speedo":unvc7v8j said:
Peachy!":unvc7v8j said:
Lol! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: none of them are Mountain Bikes anymore...... :xmas-big-grin:

Yeah, what was Tomac thinking...

:LOL:
Well he was on a different page to most at the time and back then I’m sure many pondered the same question you pose today.

Tomac made them winners and also looked good doing it :D but then Tomac’s talent and strength was such that he could probably have won on any bike in the field. ... if it fitted

Retro Spud":2eesqcfp said:
WimVDD":2eesqcfp said:
Love the Fox but it's not a mountainbike, no?

Maybe / Maybe not

I‘m quite neutral on the point (and you do have a point) But in a sparse month do we need to be digging out the rule book

No mater what - It’s a lovely example
O, but I wasn't suggesting it should be thrown out of the competition. It can stay as far as I'm concerned and it will probably get my vote too. I'm really not a fan (and that's an understatement) of high rise stems icw drop bars.

:cool: ^^ to be honest going up against the Roberts and the Merlin its very much the underdog now

anyway time for me and my gob to jog on..... Adios Amigos :D

Hoping to get this completed this week, but here is a pic of my 93’ Bianchi Project 5 gravel/dirt drop conversion . Still a work in progress, but here is the bike so far.

To date, it has an Aksium wheelset, Salsa ti skewers, 105 shifters and my original Marin lite cantis, XTR m951 rear derailleur, and 737 spd’s (I know they’re like boat anchors, but they’re solid). Still waiting on salmon Kool Stop pads, Salsa cross inline brake levers for the bars, and the drivetrain parts. It’ll be a 2x10 with an XT cassette at the back eventually. Should be a boatload of fun to ride...

Attachments

• 34D6AAEC-ECF5-4896-B490-082258910E70.jpeg
    34D6AAEC-ECF5-4896-B490-082258910E70.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 519
Well, whats the point in entering anything these days??

If there was a 'Freemans Catalogue bike only' month, someone would come along with a Dave Yates built prototype Townsend Yaksmaka

Oh and it would have to be a 'barn find' too with some bullshit backstory to bring a tear to a potatoes' eye. Plus it would have been dripping in M900 to please the Freemans marketing department in 1991.

<stomps off, glares at early Christmas decks, squashes baubles>

legrandefromage":13l04mof said:
Well, whats the point in entering anything these days??

If there was a 'Freemans Catalogue bike only' month, someone would come along with a Dave Yates built prototype Townsend Yaksmaka

Oh and it would have to be a 'barn find' too with some bullshit backstory to bring a tear to a potatoes' eye. Plus it would have been dripping in M900 to please the Freemans marketing department in 1991.

<stomps off, glares at early Christmas decks, squashes baubles>

Calm down cheesy-whatsit, the yellow thingy gets my vote.... :xmas-big-grin:

Back