Skin / Amber Wall Tyres

DougieF

Dirt Disciple
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone knows of 26" skin / amber wall tyres that can be bought new? Not looking for anything specific, but blackwall tyres wont look right on my retro build.

TIA

Re:

Hard to find the Charge now :-(.
Even if they kind of kicked it off again.

But Schwalbe make amber walls, Halo too and a few others I can't remember. They're all modern tyres.

26" is often just harder to find though.

Magpiegifts":1do30ygs said:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=415366

There was some new Charge splashback tyres a pair £59.99 on eBay recently, must of sold.

RS7/slickshifts?

Given we were buying these tyres (charge splashbacks) for £5 near their end of sale/manufacture period, and about £15 normally, £25 a pair max when newly released iirc?

Anything you see is peoples stock from then and they've not used them.
They are not made anymore.

DougieF":38oc4rj0 said:
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone knows of 26" skin / amber wall tyres that can be bought new? Not looking for anything specific, but blackwall tyres wont look right on my retro build.

TIA

FFS! Posted wrong link,it keeps doing it,so here's screenshot instead.
Not new though, sorry couldn't find the other ones.
Fluffy chicken I don't follow what you're saying mate. I know little about these tyres. Just wanted to help the OP out. Been long night and my brain hurts!

Personally I'd go with the Schwalbe. Billy bonkers, racing Ralph's

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-30-11-36-06.png
    Screenshot_2020-10-30-11-36-06.png
    122 KB · Views: 495
Magpiegifts":gzgs661t said:
DougieF":gzgs661t said:
Hi all

TIA

FFS! Posted wrong link,it keeps doing it,so here's screenshot instead.
Not new though, sorry couldn't find the other ones.
Fluffy chicken I don't follow what you're saying mate. I know little about these tyres. Just wanted to help the OP out. Been long night and my brain hurts!

Personally I'd go with the Schwalbe. Billy bonkers, racing Ralph's
No problem, tried to reword it.
Basically saying they're not made any more, haven't been for some time. We used to pick them up for £20/25 a pair but when they were selling them all off they were a fiver.

I like the tyre, darker than amber sidewalls, I can ride them in the mud. they're light and fast.
Not as grippy as say a Nobby nice, bit grippier then the fast Schwalbe tires, so probably racing Ralph. not tried Billy bonkers, but they look to be a tarmac/dusty track tyre.

So perfect for me in the mud for laughs ;-?

You'll find some reviews etc way back when in 2013ish on the forum.

Re:

26er seems to be disappearing from tyre manufacturers, Amber wall even more so. I think I've seen some schwalbe and halo tyres on that size, though not often.

I do have a brand new set of splashbacks, wish they had only cost me a fiver, or a set that have been fitted but only ridden around the local park to test set up, and only on tarmac so as good as new, no wear.

Onza, Maxxis, Kenda, all make tan wall 26 tyres, quite a few others too. The trouble is they sell out pretty much straight away. I think ringing around a few shops/stockists to check on any stock they have lying around would be my first choice.

There is also someone on here who started a company making and selling them recently, cant remember who now but im sure someone will.

Back