Show me your Chas Roberts / Dog Bolx / White Spider's etc

This thread is making me regret selling my White Spider many years ago. When I see something about a Roberts there's always a hope in me when I click the link that i'll be mine re-surfacing.

I think it was 1992, but I could be a year out. I did a lot of paper rounds and worked Saturdays in a bike shop to save up. Got the train to Croydon, specified the dimensions I wanted and handed over my cash...

Originally the red, yellow, white colour scheme but re-sprayed in 1994 to a slightly iridescent ice-blue colour, which was what it was when I sold it to fund my way through university. Something I now regret doing.

Some geometry I can remember like the 72 degree head angle / 74 degree seat tube and 16.25 stays.
I think it was 18 inch CtC, and a 23" top tube. 1 1/8 head tube
all cables on the top tube, had the roller for a bottom pull front-mech. Seat clamp was forward facing.

Sadly I don't have the frame number either.

I think the only chance finding it would be it it hadn't been re-sprayed again. If anyone recognises that description i would definitely be interested in buying it back!

Re:

I went to see Geoff Roberts a few weeks ago & he had a lovely yellow B.O.L.X. with (possibly) Mag 21 Rock Shox, XT groupset & Ringle finishing kit. Very, very nice.

He still makes them if you fancy a new 'old' bike. Plus you can make one yourself if you go on the frame building course.

My mate has a Dogs Bolx 'DBT', one and only as far as I'm aware. We were friends with Adam at Roberts who designed it especially for him I guess around mid 90's. I'll leave you to guess what that 'T' means. Might pop and see him later and will ask if I can upload some pics of the bike but you certainly haven't seen a Dogs like this one before..

gtturbo":15u0vuxq said:
My mate has a Dogs Bolx 'DBT', one and only as far as I'm aware. We were friends with Adam at Roberts who designed it especially for him I guess around mid 90's. I'll leave you to guess what that 'T' means. Might pop and see him later and will ask if I can upload some pics of the bike but you certainly haven't seen a Dogs like this one before..

Does the T stand for tandem?

Following a drunken recent purchase I have been doing some internet searching on the variants of the white spider which naturally led me here in hope of seeing some different frame build styles ..... tbf I hoped to see more as I am sure between us all we have a good selection of the Chas Roberts MTB's.

so please, if you have one , had one or even have a photo of one you have seen in the wild ....... please share :)

To get the thread back on the go heres Mine.

Bought as a White spider but ID,d as a snow Leopard with High BB and wider tyre clearances, Columbus Cromor construction, Lugged BB.

Frame number 8792

First pic is as I bought it

Roberts-snow-leopard-14.jpg

and the refurb

Roberts-snow-leopard-7.jpg

Roberts-snow-leopard-36.jpg

Another is on the way

A few in the British Steel thread.

Here is my White Spider frame, still waiting on me to get my act together.

RandD.JPG RandD1.JPG RandD2.JPG

Back