Show me your Raleigh's

Re: Re:

stingray230sx":2og46qme said:
So post 99 they had the circular portrait style?
So mine is def a 99 ?
Well - it seems as yours should have the oval style - it’s definitely a 99-2000.
It may have been resprayed and had the Regular head badge Fitted - or it’s an RSP frame coloured and badged for a different market
It’s confusing - if you post it on the Dynatech appreciation thread someone mAy know

ibbz":33pm6u5k said:
This is the badge in the RSP Frames I’ve owned (99-01)

so did they make these i guess 97/98?
since mine is obviously a RSP frame, but has the regular headbadge?
mine actually has a cable stop above the canti bosses on the rear, so i could run regular cantis, so maybe even could be a 95?

Re: Re:

ibbz":15thqpd6 said:
stingray230sx":15thqpd6 said:
So post 99 they had the circular portrait style?
So mine is def a 99 ?
Well - it seems as yours should have the oval style - it’s definitely a 99-2000.
It may have been resprayed and had the Regular head badge Fitted - or it’s an RSP frame coloured and badged for a different market
It’s confusing - if you post it on the Dynatech appreciation thread someone mAy know

ah, i posted a query in the dynatech thread, hopefully i can get some more info, thanks for all your help.

one more question, if i may, do you know what seatpost size they are?
using a digital caliper, it seems as if its 26.4 or 26.6 maybe depending on how i hold my breath lol

thanks again

Re:

I had a 25mm Seatpost with a shim
I can’t remember the exact size

Re: Yukon

Here's a pic my Yukon while out doing my Deliveries. My only MTB

£35 from a house bric a brac shop back in February, the drive train was worn, shifters gunked up and back rim dented, someone had inserted the wrong diameter seat post and over compensated to clamp to the smaller diameter, really awful slicks and mudguards fitted to it.

All sorted now and rides like a dream.

Hope the pic uploads

Attachments

• IMG_20201211_203351.jpg
    IMG_20201211_203351.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 365

onyerbike531":29i2z40y said:

£35 from a house bric a brac shop back in February, the drive train was worn, shifters gunked up and back rim dented, someone had inserted the wrong diameter seat post and over compensated to clamp to the smaller diameter, really awful slicks and mudguards fitted to it.

Hope the pic uploads
Always nice to see these! Thanks for sharing - do you have a build thread ?

ibbz":2f8hvt1k said:
onyerbike531":2f8hvt1k said:

Hope the pic uploads
Always nice to see these! Thanks for sharing - do you have a build thread ?

Thanks ibbz, I haven't unfortunately but I could put one together along with what I did to get it working.

Re:

Here's the components list for the Raleigh Yukon found in a sorry state in a bric a brac shop, bought for £35

Schwalbe black jack tyres 26x1.90 (wish they did beige walls)

Cheap Shimano FC-TY501 48,38,28T crankset, (I'm afraid the original biopace was badly worn)

BB is an old Shimano cup and cone (recently serviced) works brilliantly now.

Cheap Shimano FH-TX500 hub with unbranded black rim (back) rear is sprung from 130mm to accommodate the 135mm hub (will probably get it cold set in New Year)

Sram PC850 chain with quicklink

Shimano CS HG41 7 cassette

Shimano BR TY22 rear derailleur (doubt this originally fitted to the bike) shifts perfectly fine though. Might try and find a 200GS one in the future)

200GS front derailleur

I'm guessing the cantilever brakes are 200GS (BR-M201 SLR)

Shifters I'm guessing are 200GS (ST-M020) 3x7 rapid fire... these didn't work so took them apart, cleaned thoroughly and reassembled with new grease, they work a treat now.

Front rim Alesa 6021-559/26x1.75 (original) hub is a Shimano Exage HB-RM50

Replaced wrong diameter seatpost with a new cheap ETC one (beneath the collar on seat tube was bulged with an hairline crack propagating from the over tightening of the clamp so I did a quick fix, drilled a hole beneath crack and extended slot down to that, crude but effective)

Awful Selle Italia Saddle (going to swap this out with a Turbo reproduction saddle or something more period correct (any suggestions are welcome)

Frame is 19" CtT, the bike feels pretty heavy but rides and handles fantastically.

Attachments

• IMG_20201211_203345.jpg
    IMG_20201211_203345.jpg
    520.2 KB · Views: 301
Back