Marzocchi Discs Brake Adapters wanted - or 3D CAD Models !?!

Dr-Zocchi

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi MarzocchiManiacs,

I have might have the possibility to create 3D printing models using selective lasersintering from aluminium powder.
This should make it easy to 3D print such dics adapters (or e.g. the Bombers canti holder).

So what I'd like ask is a question to all who have such an adapter for the various disc brake types for the older Marzocchis including the Bombers:

- If you have such adapter and you don't need it: sell it to me.

- If you have it and you need it for your daily riding:
- please do the measurements and create a 3D CAD model (we can talk about a free model for you)
- If you can't do it yourself, ask a friend to do it.
- If this is not possible at all, please send it to me for a certain time. I will create a CAD model and send it back to you.

I also need some guys and bikes to test such adapters. From what I know this 3D printing models are rock solid.

THANKS!

Re: Re:

Rampage":188a3a5e said:
Is this the FS - IS mount?
I may still have a CAD model.

I'm searching for all drawings and 3D models I can get to be able to create some adapters when needed and I will do, if the 3D printing works.

I think it would be fair to make this data public - if the creator allows it (!) and with his credits if needed - and I suggest to make one free model for the owner or exchange something. I don't have a detail plan for this now.

My intention is : if someone wants to drive some of the older Marzocchis (XC or Bombers) and want to go for disc brakes, I' like to offer this as a service solution (data only or reproduced adapters).

I also want to write about all this adapters on my website, I think there 4-5 types / brands had been used and I need to sort this all out.

Hi,

I'm interested in the old Formula Standard - IS Standard or PM adapter.

I have a Bomber Z1 96 with both of the old Formula mounts.

I only have the information available on this site and on the internet, and it's enough to make this adapter, unfortunately I don't work with the type of tools needed to make it.

Cheers

I'd like to do it, but do not have enough detailed informations for now. I have this on my list for my Z1 / Z2 rebuilds.

There have been various builds in this adapters (FS to IS), I'd like to have the one Magura created :

It was for "Bomber Z1 und Z2 '97"
Article No. 0 720 845

May be one of you retro guys here can sell yours or borrow it to me to take dimensions, please? I'd like to do a small reproduction.

THANKS!

Attachments

• 01_Webshop.jpg
    01_Webshop.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Magura 843183-large.jpg
    Magura 843183-large.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 03_fertig_montiert.jpg
    03_fertig_montiert.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I can add this if any help, also the archive might have some under HOPE, but they may just be the XC mounts.

Attachments

• Chapter11.pdf
    9.4 MB · Views: 31
Back