Bianchi NTH Experirnce

robdeanhove

Kona Fan
I am curious if anyone here has come across a Bianchi NTH. I have moved to south Germany, and there are one or two available and they seem like a very nice thing. But has anyone actually laid eyes on them or perhaps ridden one? Are they flexy, or tend to snap? Or are they a lightweight steel masterpiece?

I just wanted to pick the brains of the collective before I either perhaps picked up a bargain, or wasted my money on a bendy paperweight I would never love!

They have some nice columbus tubing, am elegant one sided rear brake hanger (something that always appealed to me), a reinforced head tube and a lovely blended in curvy seatstay bridge

file.php

Opinions?

Those frames are nice. Solid work, but not too popular. So it shouldn't be too expensive. 200 Euro max, I would say. (although I have seen them in the market for 350 Euro - not sure anybody bought them thou..)
Double S-bend, straight fork, nice ritchey (?) dropouts...

I have a NTH-frame myself, but a completely other version. It is a Sakae Litage frame, that was labeled Bianchi NTH. It might be possible, that your frame also was not built by bianchi themselves, only labeled. (Witch is not a bad thing. They used to buy rather high quality frames for the NTH label.)
Did you ask in IBC-forum (in the calssics section) yet? There are some NTH-Owners there, I remember.

BTW, I am from south-Germany, too ;)

13 years later another reply.
I collect Bianchi MTB's and the last post is right. Some were Sakai Litage made, however these are the bikes I want most. They really are a great frame and worth restoring. My favourite though is the Italian made NTH FY 620 (Full suspension and 98 onwards). The bike pictured top is in poor condition paint work wise, but today I would still buy it to restore. Great bikes to ride and will last a lifetime.

Thias":21b143lb said:
Those frames are nice. Solid work, but not too popular. So it shouldn't be too expensive. 200 Euro max, I would say. (although I have seen them in the market for 350 Euro - not sure anybody bought them thou..)
Double S-bend, straight fork, nice ritchey (?) dropouts...

I have a NTH-frame myself, but a completely other version. It is a Sakae Litage frame, that was labeled Bianchi NTH. It might be possible, that your frame also was not built by bianchi themselves, only labeled. (Witch is not a bad thing. They used to buy rather high quality frames for the NTH label.)
Did you ask in IBC-forum (in the calssics section) yet? There are some NTH-Owners there, I remember.

BTW, I am from south-Germany, too ;)
Hey any pictures of your NTH?
And you could possibly help identify a NTH frame in this thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=418731&start=10

Back