GT RTS Canti Hanger

dresdladiory

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi
Could anyone send me a photo how that part of frame look like ? Are any way to install canti brakes without that part ?
Thanks

Attachments

• Canti.png
    Canti.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 329
Re:

I've got a manual which should have pics. Never run any of mine with cantis though, always gone v brake.

I'll check the manual later and see what it has about this.

Re: Re:

ishaw":le69yoxc said:
I've got a manual which should have pics. Never run any of mine with cantis though, always gone v brake.

I'll check the manual later and see what it has about this.

Thank you ! :)

Re:

If memory serves, there is a straddle cable that connects to the cantis. The brake cable is connected to the rocker. When the brake is pulled, rocker moves up, pulling both cantis toward the rim.

Re:

Sorry guys, manual only seems to have info on the roller version for canti brakes, not the rocker.

I've taken a look at my spare rocker which us new, and I can't figure out how it works so joining the queue to find out.

Re:

Thats it, thanks.

Between that and the other roller option, its why I use v brakes. I did use a teatro power hanger on my old rts-2 in place of the roller and that worked much better.

Re: Re:

ishaw":31f0h0hd said:
Thats it, thanks.

Between that and the other roller option, its why I use v brakes. I did use a teatro power hanger on my old rts-2 in place of the roller and that worked much better.

You mean that one ? How ? It's for front fork :?

Attachments

• tektro1.jpg
    tektro1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 261
Re:

They did rear ones too. It bolted on to where the roller was threaded on to. Worked a treat and really improved the braking. You could also get one designed to fit through a brake booster which stiffens up the rear too.

As I use vs now, I run a booster with them, about to fit some avid black ops to replace the xtr vs, but the xtr brakes with xtr carbon booster are a really good combo, though fiddly to adjust the brakes as you can't access the cable bolt with the booster in the way, so have to set up the brakes without it, then fit the booster.

Back