ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
Anyone know anything about L&M cranks?
Saw a couple on eBay when searching for Tune and Cook Bros.
They look pretty nifty.

Re:

Yeah, they were from down my way when I lived on the South Coast. They were an engineering company called Long & Marshall based out in Havant on the outskirts of Portsmouth, bordering Chichester.

Decent stuff made in house 'dan on the saaf coast' late 90's, early 2000's, got a couple of their bits still myself somewhere, very Middleburn esque, bit less money iirc and I don't think they were really around for long, although I believe the company is still trading, doing what I don't know.......

Attachments

• 60BBE1C7-9C57-4DB1-B9BD-FCCEBED613FA.jpeg
    60BBE1C7-9C57-4DB1-B9BD-FCCEBED613FA.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 613
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I've had a set or two of the square looking ones, not the star drive versions. I didn't really use them much but seem well made and durable.

Based on what I sold mine for, the sets you've linked seem pretty pricey but I'm not in touch with the current prices. Maybe they are fair, you don't see them for sake as much as the usual fodder.

Re:

I had L&M "Downhill" cranks back in late 90s.Other than downhill written on them I couldnt see any difference between them.Great cranks,cost me £120 making them one of the cheaper options.

Thanks everyone - these look good and good to know they’re also durable and well made - anyone have any bike pics with these?

Re: Re:

66 triumph daytona":cue5zpd1 said:
I had L&M "Downhill" cranks back in late 90s.Other than downhill written on them I couldnt see any difference between them.Great cranks,cost me £120 making them one of the cheaper options.

I had a set of the DH ones too. If you look at the cranks in the second ebay link above, you'll see the back has a lot of machining. The DH ones had none - they were solid, and *quite* heavy as a result!

Hi, sorry for pulling out this thread, I was just browsing for some information wrt L&M cranks.
I was especially curious to understand when those cranks become available?

I've found some information from 1997
L&M cranks Infos Long & Marshall. aus MountainBike 1997.jpg
The article is mentioning "new cranks" just not sure if this was the first model from L&M or if they had already another model earlier.

Linking than also the other helpful threads on L&M here in the forum, they include some interesting stuff, just last posts are even older:

Last edited:
Back