BotM August 2020 - Show us yer lugs special

I’m up for any lugs. Traditional, faux or otherwise

sinnerman":iismq2lc said:
Where are all the bonded carbon and aluminium's with lugs, Raleighs, Treks, Reflex etc, im sure its not just restricted to 80s conventional steel lugged frames is it....?

Faux Lugs, Fillet with Lugged bottom Bracket etc....? I would have thought there would have been multiple entries by now...?

Got 2 possibilities from the above suggestions. The Dynatech Endeavour was my June entry - thanks to all that voted for it against tough competition.
As much as I like it - perhaps entering it again for the 'lugged themed special' feels like parading it again so soon.

So, I'd like to nominate my 1991 Trek 8700 composite - carbon/graphite tubes with aluminium lugs. Build spec still under change, awaiting a long bottom bracket spindle to run Cooks cranks, but using this as a rider in current spec.
Updated pics could follow, but this how it is to date. Massive thanks to Retrorider_IT for the initial sale and the Bullseye hubbed original wheels.

boy"O"boy's 1991 Trek 8700 composite pro

Build thread here and in my signature.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=413986

Cheers all.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• trek seat stay detail 2.jpg
    trek seat stay detail 2.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 1,951
  • php21qHfjPM.jpg
    php21qHfjPM.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 1,952
Lugs 'N Fillet Brazed.
synlos' Nöll M5 (the BB-area is lugged too) ;)

Lovely Tom. I’ve always fancied a Nöll

boy"O"boy":1z1zhizh said:
Got 2 possibilities from the above suggestions. The Dynatech Endeavour was my June entry - thanks to all that voted for it against tough competition.
As much as I like it - perhaps entering it again for the 'lugged themed special' feels like parading it again so soon.

Yes I know you mean... but then.....I don’t know...
Maybe if we had more of a heads up regarding themed months, things might be different.
For example Jim might have held back his Moots for this month? Also, now my Titanius lost in the open month I now have to choose either put it straight back in again as it does have lovely lugs at the head, BB & seat cluster... or wait for a “Titanium” or “USA groupo” themed month & who knows when or even if that’ll happen?

Still can’t decided what’s the right thing to do..... :|

Peachy!":3t5oixqn said:
boy"O"boy":3t5oixqn said:

Yes I know you mean... but then.....I don’t know...
Maybe if we had more of a heads up regarding themed months, things might be different.
For example Jim might have held back his Moots for this month? Also, now my Titanius lost in the open month I now have to choose either put it straight back in again as it does have lovely lugs at the head, BB & seat cluster... or wait for a “Titanium” or “USA groupo” themed month & who knows when or even if that’ll happen?

Still can’t decided what’s the right thing to do..... :|

Just stay put and let others have a go at winning BoTM..!

:p ;)

Back